Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology has announced scholarships for this year and now students can apply for GIST Scholarship 2022 in South Korea. This is an all expensed paid full scholarship for South Korean and International students. Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology is offering scholarships for Masters, PhD and integrated MS-PhD degrees.
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology is offering wide range of graduate and post graduate degrees in the fields of Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence. GIST is public university established by Government of south Korea and is one of the top university in the fields of science and technology. Duration of Masters Degree scholarship is 2 years while PhD scholarship duration is 4 years and Integrated MS-PhD scholarship duration is 5 years.
Want to study in UK on full scholarship? Chevening Scholarships 2022 in UK
GIST Scholarship Details for 2022 Session
|Scholarship awarded by||Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology|
|No of scholarships||300+|
|Eligible Regions||All countries|
|Financial Coverage||fully funded|
|Course Level||Masters, PhD, Integrated MS-PhD|
|Deadline||15 October 2021|
Join Our Community
GIST Scholarship Coverage
Following are the details of benefits offered by GIST
Tuition Assistance (All students)
- Tuition fully supported: 3,415,000 won per semester
※ The one-time matriculation fee of 680,000 won is charged to all newly admitted students to be enrolled. Some students may be exempt from this fee.
Monthly Stipends (All International Students)
- Student allowance: 140,000 won per month for M.S. students, 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month※Students should have completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester for the above two.
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month※ GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
(All students participating in research projects)
Average as of 2020
- 4,785,384 won per year of M.S.
- 12,263,262 won per year of Ph.D
Housing (All Students)
- Dormitory (as of 2020)
Scholarships in USA Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program by Stanford University in the USA
Following are the degree programs offered at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea,
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Energy Convergence
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
Following are the documents required
- Submission of the online application
- Official degree certificates and transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate programs
- Two letters of recommendation on the prescribed form in sealed envelopes
- An official English proficiency test
- A copy of the applicant’s passport
- A letter of recommendation for Matriculation fee waiver
- A certificate of English language proficiency issued from the applicant’s last home institution
Scholarships available for The Gates Scholarship Program 2021-2022| Fully funded
Eligibility Criteria for GIST Scholarship
- Applicant must meet admission requirements of their respective departments
- Have a bachelors degree to apply for a master’s degree
- Have master’s degree to apply for PhD degree
- Candidates must meet the English language requirements (Minimum scores): 80 (TOEFL iBT), 6.5 (Academic IELTS), 750 (TOEIC), 600 (TEPS), 327 (NEW TEPS).
Last date to apply for GIST scholarship is 15 October 2021,
How to Apply for GIST
All admitted students at GIST university are eligible for the scholarships and following steps shows the admission procedure,
Submit the online application with uploading required documents.
The International Admissions Coordinator will contact you when application and all the required documents are confirmed. (Check My Status in online application)
A notification of results will be sent to the email address provided on or around June 15 for Fall admission and November 30 for Spring admission
Completion of enrollment requires the reception of documents and paying the Matriculation Fee.
In order to apply for a student visa, you will need to obtain a student visa application form. This form is available at the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in your home country.
GIST Admission Schedule
|Semester of Entrance||Spring Semester (Starting from March)||Fall Semester (Starting from September)|
|Application Deadlines||October 15||April 15|
|Examination of Documents||15 days||15 days|
|Documents Review||30 days||30 days|
|Notification of Admission Results||End-November||Mid-June|
|Registration of Admitted Students||Early January||Early July|