Merck & Co. is offering Merck Research Grants 2020 in Germany. This is an exciting opportunity for scientist from all around the world to take part in one of the most modern and advance pharmaceutical company in the world. Purpose of this research grants is to innovative research in challenging areas of future importance.
We are looking for innovative research proposals from scientists worldwide. Top submitters will be invited to a Deep Dive workshop to further advance the proposals together with Merck scientists. The deep dive workshop will
include decisions on grant recipients. Merck will then enter into bilateral collaboration agreements with the
winning recipients to enable pay-out of the research grant and project start in 2021.
Scientists in all career stages who are affiliated with any research-based institution, university or company, can apply for this grant. Scientists can apply for focus topic containing non-confidential informational only. Following are the areas available for grant,
- Drug discovery
- Bioreactor design for cultured meat
- Next generation machine learning
- Pandemic preparedness / fighting new emerging viral infectious disease
Merck Research Grants Details
- Host Organization: Merck Group
- Course Level: Research
- Eligible Region: Open for All Countries
- Category: Scholarship
- Country: Germany
- Deadline: 31 August 2020
Scholarships in |USA Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program by Stanford University in the USA
Join Our Community
Research Grants Value
Grants worth of 100,000 EUR – 500,000 EUR per year for up to 3 years are available.
Areas of Research
Details of areas of research areas with grants are given below,
Next game-changing molecule or technology to cure cancer or autoimmune disease.
Up to 500,000€ for 2-3 years.
Bioreactor Design for Cultured Meat
Next generation scalable bioreactors for industrial scale meat or seafood production.
Up to 250,000€ for 3 years.
Next Generation Machine Learning
A new generation of algorithms inspired by today’s neurosciences and advances in brain research to overcome current limitations in AI.
Up to 250,000€ for 3 years.
Pandemic preparedness / fighting emerging new viral infectious disease
For pre-outbreak technological solutions or for response during outbreaks that could help to fight emerging viral infections.
Up to 500,000€ for 3 years.
- Eligible for all countries.
- Eligible for scientists in all career stages who are affiliated with any research-based institution, university or company.
- Applicants submit their application for the focus topics containing non-confidential information only. You may apply for more than one focus topic. If your application is successful, you will be invited to submit a full proposal and join a deep-dive workshop with the other finalists in 2020.
Last date for the Drug discovery, Bioreactor design, Next generation machine learning topics is 31 August 2020. For the Pandemic preparedness topic, there is no fixed deadline,
How to Apply
To submit an application, investigators must first register with our online portal. On your first visit, you will need to register (click “register” in the online form) with a valid email address. Your registration link will then be forwarded to this email address. Click the link below to register,