Applicants can now apply for the Fully Funded World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020. This is a fully funded opportunity for students from around the world who want to study at universities in U.S., Europe and Japan. The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program is a fantastic fully funded opportunity for outstanding international students from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
Fully Funded World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020 Details:
- Organization: Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Open For: All Nations are eligible to apply
- Gender: Male/Female
- Country: United States, Europe, Japan
- Scholarship: Fully Funded
- Degree: Masters Degree
- Deadline: 30 April 2020
Join Our Whatsapp Group To Receive Latest Updates
Join Our Facebook Group and Page to get updates about new opportunities
JJWBGSP Scholarship Preferred programs
|UNIVERSITY||MASTER DEGREE PROGRAM NAME|
|Asian Institute of Technology||Engineering and Master of Science (Energy & Extractives)|
|Asian Institute of Technology||Water Engineering and Management|
|Brandeis University||Conflict Resolution and Coexistence|
|Brandeis University||Global Health Policy and Management|
|Carintha University||Management of Conservation Areas|
|Cornell University||Professional Studies (MPS) in Global Development|
|Erasmus University Rotterdam||Urban Management and Development|
|IHE Delft Institute||Environmental Science and Technology|
|IHE Delft Institute||Sanitation|
|IHE Delft Institute||Water Management and Governance|
|International Christian University||Public Economics|
|Johns Hopkins||International Health,Global Disease Epidemiology and Control Concentration|
|Keio University||Business and Commerce & Taxation Policy and Management|
|Kobe Institute of Computing||Information Systems|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||Data, Economics, and Development Policy|
|Meiji University||Public Policy|
|Pennsylvania State University||Architectural Engineering|
|SOAS University of London||International Finance and Development|
|University for Peace||Peace Education|
|University of Birmingham||Conflict, Statebuilding and Development|
|University of British Columbia||International Forestry|
|University of Hong Kong||Urban Design (MUD)|
|University of Reading||Agriculture and Development|
|University of Reading||Climate Change and Development|
|University of Reading||Development Finance|
|University of Tokyo||International Program in Agricultural Development Studies (Global Agricultural Sciences)|
|University of Wisconsin-Madison||Educational Policy Studies|
|University of Wollongong||Education (TESOL)|
|Vrije Universiteit||Health Systems Policy and Management|
|Yokohama National University||Public Policy and Taxation|
|PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMS’ UNIVERSITIES||ELIGIBLE MASTER DEGREE JJWBGSP SCHOLARSHIP|
|Yokohama National University||Infrastructure Management Program|
|The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Public Policy||Master of Public Policy, International Program|
|National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPPS)||Tax Course of the Public Finance Program|
|Saitama University||International Graduate Program on Civil and Environmental Engineering|
|University of Tsukuba||Master’s Program in Economic and Public Policy|
|The University of California, Berkeley||Master of Development Practice|
|Brandeis University||Master of Arts in Sustainable International Development|
|Williams College||Master of Arts in Policy Economics|
|Université Félix Houphouët Boigny||Programme de Formation en Gestion de la Politique Economique (Economic Policy Management Programme)|
|University Clermont Auvergne – FERDI||Master’s Degree in Economic Policy Management|
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
Also Apply For this opportunity Fully Funded UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School Scholarships in Ireland 2021
Details on Eligibility Criteria for each call for applications are provided in that call’s Application Guidelines, and these detailed eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
Broadly speaking, Developing Country nationals must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country on this list;
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. The only exception to this criterion is for developing country nationals from a country that will be on the updated list of Fragile and Conflict States provided to applicants in the Application Guidelines for each call for scholarships.
- On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s programs located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application. For details, see “How to Apply”.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Also Apply for France Government Scholarship 2020-2021
Please note: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
Following are the eligible countries whose residents can apply for this scholarship,
Afghanistan Albania Algeria Angola Armenia Azerbaijan Bangladesh Belize Benin Bhutan Bolivia Burkina Faso Burundi Cabo Verde Cambodia Cameroon Central African Rep. Chad Comoros Congo, Dem. Rep. of Congo, Rep. of Côte d’Ivoire Djibouti Dominica Egypt, Arab Rep. El Salvador Eritrea Eswatini Ethiopia Fiji Gambia, The Georgia Ghana Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Rep. of Iraq Jamaica Jordan Kenya Kiribati Kosovo, Republic of Kyrgyz Republic Lao People’s D.R. Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Macedonia, FYR of Madagascar Malawi Maldives Mali Marshall Islands Mauritania Micronesia, F. S. Moldova Mongolia Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nepal Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Pakistan Papua New Guinea Philippines Rwanda Samoa São Tomé and Principe Senegal Sierra Leone Solomon Islands Somalia South Sudan Sri Lanka St. Lucia St.Vincent & the Grenadines Sudan Suriname Syrian Arab Republic Tajikistan Tanzania Timor-Leste Togo Tonga Tunisia Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Rep. Bol. de Vietnam Yemen, Republic of Zambia Zimbabwe
How To Apply
Applicants can apply for scholarships to both Preferred and Partner Programs. The process to apply to a Preferred Program and to a Partner Program differs:
SCHOLARSHIP TO ATTEND A PREFERRED PROGRAM:
ATTENTION: The call for applications for a JJWBGSP Scholarship to our Preferred Programs is now open until the deadline of April 23, 2020. Guidance for this call for applications, including this call’s: (i) instructions and requirements to submit an application, the eligibility criteria applicants must meet; and the selection process are provided in the Application Guidelines, FAQs, and the complete list of JJ/WBGSP Preferred (.xlsx) Master Degrees currently offered. Please read these documents before starting your application.
Once you are familiar with the application requirements and processes, click HERE to apply, and refer to the “Accessing your online application” and “Navigating your online application” to learn how access and navigate the online application.
SCHOLARSHIP TO ATTEND A PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM: Those seeking a JJ/WBGSP Partner Program scholarship must first apply for admission to one or more of the Partner Master’s Degree Program(s). Announcements from a JJWBGSP Partner Program on when to apply for admission to their program is often posted on the right-side margin of this website. Inquiries on how to submit an admission application to a partner program should be submitted to the respective university.
After reviewing submitted applications, each Partner Master Degree Program will identify a short list of eligible candidates who will then be invited by the JJWBGSP Secretariat to apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship. View the complete list of JJ/WBGSP Partner master degrees offered..
The JJ/WBGSP uses the following process to review eligible scholarship applications from developing country nationals, with the aim of identifying the candidates with the highest potential, after completion of their graduate studies, to impact the development of their countries.
Two qualified assessors independently review each eligible application and score the application on a scale of 1 to 10, taking into account four main factors and the degree of cohesion among them:
Don’t Miss This opportunity Fully Funded KAIST University Scholarship 2020-2021 in South Korea
- Quality of Professional Experience (30% weight)
- Quality of Professional Recommendations (30% weight)
- Quality of Commitment to your Home Country (30% weight)
- Quality of Education Background (10% weight)
The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat uses the average score of the two assessors and the following criteria to select the finalists:
- Maintaining a reasonably wide geographical distribution of awards
- Maintaining a reasonable distribution of awards across gender
- Unusual circumstances/hardships, when assessing the employment experience and other aspects of an application;
- Giving scholarships to those applicants who, other things being equal, have limited access to financial resources for graduate studies abroad.
The JJWBGSP Secretariat presents the finalists for the preferred program scholarship to the JJ/WBG Steering Committee (composed of members of the World Bank Board of Directors and WB management) for approval. The finalists for partnership scholarship are presented for approval on a rolling basis throughout the year, matching the JJWBGSP Partner university’s admission cycle. In all cases, winners are notified soon after the JJWBG Steering Committee approval.
The Last Date to apply for the Fully Funded World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020 is April 30, 2020.