Applications are open to apply for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) 2021 in Holland. The University of Amsterdam is offering these scholarships to the Non-EU students with excellent academic record and involvement in extracurricular activities. This is a fully funded scholarship opportunity for Non-EU international students.
University of Amsterdam, located in Amsterdam in Netherlands, is the largest university in Netherlands by enrollment. UvA is the third oldest university in Holland and one of the largest Research Universities in Europe.
If you belong to the top 10% of your class, have a high English proficiency test score and are involved in extracurricular activities, you can apply for the AES.
Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) Details
- Host Organization: University of Amsterdam
- Course Level: Masters
- Eligible Region: Open for All Non-EU Countries
- Category: Scholarship
- Country: Netherlands
- City: Amsterdam
- Fields of Study: All Subjects
Join Our Community
Also see this scholarship University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship 2020 in new Zeeland
Fields of Study
Following are the fields of study offered
Child Development and Education
Economics and Business
Social and Behavioural Sciences
Following are the benefits given in the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) 2021
- Scholarship covering of €25,000,
- Tuition Fee
- Living Expenses
Apart from Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) University of Amsterdam also offers Amsterdam Merit Scholarship
Students who wish to apply for an AES scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under studiefinanciering, the Dutch system of study grants and loans (for more information, consult the DUO website).
- Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered in the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes (CROHO). You can apply for the Master’s programme and the AES scholarship simultaneously. Your Master’s application will be assessed before the AES deadline. In your application, clearly indicate that you are applying for the AES scholarship.
- Be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s programme at the UvA for the first time. An AES will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Master’s programme at the UvA.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
- Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her Master’s programme.
- The candidate should not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES. Notify the UvA if you have been awarded and accepted another scholarship.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field, as evidenced by:
- the candidate’s academic record. Students from any discipline belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply;
- the academic quality of the educational institute where the undergraduate (or graduate) programme has been obtained;
- a letter of recommendation by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor;
- the quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme (broader context, relevance for future career);
- a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student committees, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- proof of English proficiency: a. TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 ( minimum score of 22 in each component); b. IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (minimum score of 7.0 in each component); c. Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) – grade A; d. Cambridge Certificate for Proficiency in English (CPE) – grade C; e. native English speakers who have attended an English-language university (eg. in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand) are exempt;
- the quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
It is expected that AES recipients will:
- participate in activities with AES sponsors.
- join extracurricular activities and become part of a select community, including the AES alumni network.
- form a strong international network during their period of study, which will be stimulated by an interesting tailor-made extracurricular program.
- AES scholarships may be terminated if the recipient unreasonably refuses to participate in such activities.
The Last date to apply for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) 2021 is 15 January 2021.
How to Apply
1- To apply first choose which Faculty you want to apply and select the faculty you want to apply.
2- Check all the requirements and make sure you meet them all
3- Any students who would like to apply at the University of Amsterdam will need to start their application process in Studielink, which is the central application organisation for Dutch universities.
4- After you registed in Studielink, you will receive emails with your UvA student number and instructions for the next step of the application process.