Are you an international student looking to study in Holland, but worried about the expenses, Erasmus University in Rotterdam, Netherlands offers prestigious Holland Scholarship for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to pursue bachelor’s or master’s degrees at the university. The scholarships aim to make quality international education accessible to deserving students globally. Scholarship is offered by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in collaboration with Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Erasmus University’s Holland Scholarship is partially funded and the student have to cover the rest of the expenses. The scholarship amounts to €10,000, which is split into two parts: €5,000 is used as a reduction on the tuition fee, and the other €5,000 is received by the student through 10 monthly payments. This scholarship is awarded for one academic year and can only be received once. Erasmus University Rotterdam has a diverse student body from over 100 countries. The university offers undergraduate and graduate programs taught in English, including Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, as well as PhD programs.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) is a public university located in Rotterdam, Netherlands. It was founded in 1913 and is named after the Dutch philosopher Desiderius Erasmus. The university is known for its strong focus on research and education in the fields of economics, business, law, social sciences, health sciences, and humanities.
|Host Country||Netherland (Holland)|
|Scholarship funded by||Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Education|
|Eligible Countries||All Countries Outside European Economic Are|
|Program offered||Masters, Short Courses|
|Deadline||28 February 2024|
Are you an international students looking for more scholarships in Holland? Then you should not miss out on Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a national of a country that is not part of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Have never been enrolled as a full-degree student at an educational institution in the Netherlands.
- Be selected for one of the following programs: Bachelor International Econometrics and Operations Research, Bachelor International Economics and Business Economics, or the Double Bachelor BSc2 in Econometrics and Economics.
- Have registered for one of the above-mentioned bachelor programs at Erasmus School of Economics in Studielink and have submitted the application documents in the EUR Application Portal before March 1st.
- Complete the mathematics entrance exam in either February or March with a sufficient result, if found math deficient during the bachelor application procedure.
- Have achieved excellent study results during secondary school education, with a minimum final result of at least grade 8.5 on a grading scale of 1-10.
- Be able to demonstrate the reason why this scholarship will enlarge the opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics by including a detailed financial statement, describing your financial situation and how you plan to finance your studies.
- Have completed the immigration application before May 15th.
Holland Scholarship amount is €10,000 is split into two parts: € 5,000 is used as reduction on the tuition fee, the other €5,000 will give 10 monthly installments.
Did you know that Government of Holland is also offers Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarships for international students. Do apply if you are eligible.
Erasmus University also offers scholarships for specific countries and regions such as:
- Atlas Scholarship – for students from Africa, Asia, and Latin America
- Holland High Potential Scholarship – for Indonesian students
- Orange Tulip Scholarship – for Brazilian students
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship – for global students in EM joint degree programs
The eligibility criteria and application process varies for each scholarship program. Students are advised to check the Erasmus University website for latest updates.
To prepare for your application, you will need to gather the following documents:
- Valid Passport
- Complete Online Application
- Certified Copies of Academic Transcripts
- Motivation letter (Two Pages)
- A detailed Financial Statement describing your financial situation and the reason and need to receive the scholarship.
- A Budget Plan to explaining how you plan to finance your studies.
- Certified statement from your educational institution confirming your obtained GPA.
Just like Erasmus University The University of Twente Holland Scholarship is also open for international students
The application period for the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship is from November 1st until March 1st (deadline: 28 February 23:59). Please note that scholarship applications received or incomplete after the deadline will not be considered.
Tips for Prospective Applicants
- Research all available scholarships and apply for relevant ones
- Pay attention to application deadlines and eligibility criteria
- Follow the application instructions carefully
- Highlight your academic excellence and financial need in your application
- Get support letters from professors or mentors
Applying for Erasmus University scholarships can make a big difference in being able to access world-class education. With proper planning and preparation, international students can avail these amazing funding opportunities.
- Applicants have to registered on the eligible program by visiting Studielink
- Submit the online application with all the supporting documents
- Application must be submitted before deadline
- Selections announced in April
- Scholarship is for one year only
- Awardees cannot switch programs after getting the scholarship
Visit the official link of the scholarship