In this article, we are going to tell amazing opportunities for the students who wanted to learn and pass the English proficiency test IELTS, free of cost. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is widely known English Proficiency Test for non-native English language speakers, this is managed by British Council, IDP, IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English. One of the famous universities in Australia known as the University of Queensland is offering the online IELTS which is used for the English proficiency test in various universities all around the world.
IELTS course is divided into different sections with a total duration of 8 weeks with 5 to 8 hours of weekly classes. EdX platform of University in Queensland to help the students, clear the IELTS. This whole course fo IELTS is free of cost except for the certificate. Applicants who pass the IELTS have to pay 99$ to get a certificate for future use. This certificate will be awarded to those students who successfully complete the IELTS course with good grades.
IELTS course offered by the University of Queensland in Australia will cover all the four modules such as, Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing. Fir the assessment of students’ capabilities in English proficiency is determined through the above-mentioned four areas. Students will be graded on their English proficiency level in these areas. EdX learning platform is offering this IELTS online course to pass English proficiency with the distinguished band. In IELTS there is a total of 9 bands below 5 shows on the weaker side of the applicants in English proficiency while above 5 is relatively good and 7+ shows a remarkable position in English proficiency.
|Institue||University of Queensland|
|Eligibility||Anyone preparing to take the classes|
|Financial Coverage||Fully funded|
More Free IELTS courses by British Council Free Online Courses For IELTS Preparation
Advantages of the Course:
Applicants will get the following advantages from the IELTS courses:
- Applicants will develop their English Reading, writing, and listening skills
- Applicants can learn about the IELTS test procedure and format
- Applicants will learn useful test-taking methods and skills to pass the IELTS tests
Types of IELTS Tests
There are two main types of IELTS tests: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. Each type is designed to assess different language skills and is suitable for specific purposes. Here’s an overview of each type:
IELTS Academic is intended for individuals who want to pursue higher education at universities or colleges where English is the primary language of instruction. It assesses your ability to understand and use complex academic language. The test is divided into four modules:
IELTS General Training:
IELTS General Training is primarily designed for individuals who are planning to migrate to an English-speaking country for work, training, or other non-academic purposes. It assesses practical language skills needed for everyday life and work contexts. The test also consists of four modules:
There are the following four modules that will be taught and practiced at the University of Queensland, Australia:
1. Module Listening:
The first module for the preparation of IELTS is Listening and it is designed to assess the learner’s intellectual capabilities. EdX will learn this module very efficiently and take the different IELTS learning tests. Applicants will also practice these types of test and gain the skills to successfully pass the IELTS test.
2. Reading Module:
The reading Module is designed to assess the learner’s reading capabilities. This module is commenced with an overview of the IELTS reading test and it include different question types. The learner can also have the opportunity to practice the skills through different tests.
3. Speaking Module:
Speaking modules consist of the different features of the speaking test
Part one includes the grammar portion, in it, learners will be asked about their likes and dislikes and they can extend the answer by giving different relevant examples.
The second part of the speaking module is to focus on the ‘Individual Long Turn’, which includes:
- How to analyze the task effectively
- organize your ideas
These points make the learner learn how to make a good start and how to end their talk.
The next point is ‘The Discussion’ to develop the vocabulary related to the three parts, and also learners will focus on the grammar features which they needed for the success in this part.
This module is also focused on tenses and comparisons and grammar.
4. Writing Module:
In writing module, written tests will be taken.
In these tests, tasks will be given to identify the different types of visuals, identify and describe the topic and main features of visuals to write a paragraph to summarize the key points.
What Are The Bands in IELTS
The IELTS test is scored on a band scale from 0 to 9. Each band corresponds to a level of English proficiency, with 0 indicating no ability to use the language and 9 indicating an expert level of fluency. Here’s a breakdown of the bands and their meanings:
|Band Score||Level of Proficiency||Description|
|9||Expert User||Has a full operational command of the language.|
|8||Very Good User||Has a very good command but occasional inaccuracies.|
|7||Good User||Has an operational command with occasional errors.|
|6||Competent User||Can handle most situations but with some errors.|
|5||Modest User||Can deal with basic communication in own field.|
|4||Limited User||Basic competence in familiar situations.|
|3||Extremely Limited||Conveys and understands only general meaning.|
|2||Intermittent User||No real communication is possible except for basic information.|
|1||Non User||Essentially has no ability to use the language.|
|0||Did Not Attempt||No assessment made or the candidate did not answer.|
Please note that the band descriptors are general descriptions of proficiency levels. The specific requirements for each band can vary slightly depending on whether you’re taking the Academic or General Training module of the IELTS test. These descriptors are used by examiners to determine which band score best reflects a test-taker’s performance across the four modules of the test: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
What Are The Advantages of Taking IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a widely recognized standardized test that assesses the English language proficiency of non-native English speakers. It is commonly used for purposes such as education, immigration, and employment in English-speaking countries. Here are some advantages of taking the IELTS:
- Global Recognition: IELTS is accepted by over 10,000 institutions and organizations worldwide, including universities, colleges, employers, immigration authorities, and professional bodies. Its widespread recognition makes it a valuable tool for individuals seeking opportunities in different countries.
- Education Opportunities: Many universities and educational institutions require applicants to demonstrate a certain level of English proficiency as a prerequisite for admission. Achieving a high IELTS score can enhance your chances of gaining admission to your desired academic program.
- Visa and Immigration: IELTS scores are often required as part of visa and immigration applications to English-speaking countries. Countries like Canada, Australia, the UK, and New Zealand use IELTS scores to assess an applicant’s language ability and determine their eligibility for various visa categories.
- Employment Opportunities: In some industries and job roles, English language proficiency is essential. Taking the IELTS can help you demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively in English, potentially increasing your employability in international companies or roles that involve interactions with English-speaking clients or colleagues.
- Standardized Assessment: IELTS provides a standardized way to measure your English language skills, ensuring that your proficiency is evaluated consistently across various contexts and regions.
- Four Modules: IELTS assesses language skills across four modules: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. This comprehensive evaluation provides a well-rounded view of your language abilities, making it a thorough assessment for both academic and practical purposes.
- Variety of Test Formats: IELTS offers two main types of tests: Academic and General Training. The Academic test is intended for individuals applying to universities, while the General Training test is often used for immigration and employment purposes. This flexibility allows you to choose the test type that best suits your goals.
- Test Availability: IELTS is conducted multiple times throughout the year, offering flexibility for test-takers to choose a date that aligns with their schedule and preparation.
- Personal and Professional Development: Preparing for the IELTS can lead to improved English language skills, including better reading comprehension, writing proficiency, listening skills, and spoken communication. This can benefit you not only in the context of the test but also in your daily life and professional endeavors.
- Validity: IELTS scores are typically valid for two years. This means that if you achieve a good score, you have a reasonable timeframe within which you can apply to universities or organizations that require IELTS scores.
It’s important to note that while there are many advantages to taking the IELTS, the choice of which English language proficiency test to take depends on your individual goals and the specific requirements of the institutions or organizations you are applying to. It’s recommended to research the requirements of your desired institution or destination before deciding which test to take.
There is no specific deadline to apply for the online course at Queensland University for IELTS. Applicants can apply all over the year for these courses.
IELTS course in EdX platform is divided into different sections with total duration of 8 weeks with 5 to 8 hours of weekly classes.
How to Apply for IELTS Online Courses:
- There is an online website link of the edX
- Go to the free IELTS course on the website
- Create an account to sign up or just to enroll now
- Click Register now and provide the information to get started