Applications are open to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024. Funded by The Gates Foundation at the University of Cambridge. Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship is for international students to study Masters and PhD program. Bill Gates Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship opportunity for all international students(except UK citizens) with a separate application process and time line for US citizens and the rest of the world.
The Gates Cambridge Trust was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge. This remains the largest single donation to a UK university. Each Year Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation awards more than 80 scholarships under Gates Cambridge Scholarship. 25 Scholarships are for students from USA while 55 scholarships are for the rest of the world.
1000+ Scholarships in Germany Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship in Germany
- Host Organization: Gates Foundation
- University: Cambridge University
- Course Level: Masters, PhD, Short Cources
- Eligible Region: Open for All Countries
- Category: Scholarship
- Country: England
- Fields of Study: All Subjects
- Deadline: 4 January 2024 (For International). 11 Oct 2023 (For USA Citizens)
Join Our Community
For daily Updates of jobs join our community and be a part of Studyhunt.info.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Benefits:
The selected students under Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022 receive following benefits,
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2021-22 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
Also Apply for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Program
Following are the eligibility criteria for who can apply for Gates Scholarship!
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- One year postgraduate course
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship candidates must show evidence of academic excellence (through their transcripts, references, experience and the potential to succeed on the chosen course).
- You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
Also, see this scholarship opportunity in Holland Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) in Holland
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Courses
All graduate programs at Cambridge University is eligible for the scholarship with the following exceptions,
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Following are the main documents required ,
- online combined application form
- 500 words how to write a statement of purpose for Gates Cambridge Scholarship!
- Research proposal
- In addition to two academic references for admission, Gates Cambridge applicants submit a reference about their fit with the scholarship.
- English Proficiency Test score
Applications for international students and students from USA will open from 4, September 2023 and Last date to apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship is between 5 December to 4 January 2024 (For International) and 11 Oct 2023 (For USA Citizens)
How to Apply for Gate Cambridge Scholarship?
Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section. Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications.