Finally Government of South Korea has announced much awaited Global Korea Scholarship 2024-2025 for students from all around the world. Interested candidates are advised to fill Global Korea scholarship application form with all the required information and submit the application before deadline. GKS Scholarship is available for international students to study undergraduate and Associate Degree programs at universities in South Korea. All programs offered at the university are eligible for this scholarship except for offered during evenings (night school), short-term programs, online and distant learning programs.
There are Two Tracks to apply for Global Korea Scholarship, Embassy Track and University Track. Total of 200 scholarships are available each year under this Korean Government Scholarship program. Thee scholarships are divided in different quotas and students from more than 67+ countries can apply for GKS 2023. Applying with embassy track students can choose up to three universities. GKS has divided universities participating in Global Korea Scholarship in two categories Type A and Type B, applicant must select at least one university from each category.
Global Korea Scholarship was earlier named as Korean Government Scholarship Program but since 2010 it renamed as “Global Korea Scholarship”. Scholarship enables students from low income backgrounds to study top quality education for free. National Institute of International Education (NIIED) is the organizer of Global Korea Scholarship.
|Organizer||National Institute of International Education (NIIED) Korea|
|Eligibility||Varies (See List Below)|
|Deadline||Different For Each Country and University|
Join Our Community
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
Follow are the requirements to apply Korean Government’s GKS Scholarship,
- Applicants should not be holding any Korean Scholarship.
- Students applying for scholarship and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should have good health, both mentally and physically so that He/She can stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Undergraduate Should be under 25 years of age at the date of admission.
- Age limit for Graduate Should be under 40 years at the date of entrance.
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish all elementary, middle, high school education by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate).
- Have G.P.A above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Applicants who have previously earned any undergraduate, master’s or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar with overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or through university track.
Want more scholarships in South Korea? then apply for fully funded KAIST University Scholarshi For International Students
Global korea Scholarship provides following benefits to its selected scholars,
- South Korea Government will provide Airfare allowance.
- Resettlement Allowance worth of 200,000 KRW will be provided
- Living Allowance with the amount of 800,000 Undergraduate and 900,000 for Graduate.
- Medical Insurance worth of KRW 20,000 (per month) will be offered.
- KRW 800,000 per quarter For Language Courses
- The actual cost of the Tuition fee. (Max 5 Million KRW per semester)
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency worth of 100,000 KRW.
- Research Support fund from 210,000 to 240,000 per semester.
- KRW 500,000 – 800,000 Printing Costs (Dissertation).
- Completion Grant 100,000 (once complete).
GKS Scholarship 2024 Deadline
If you apply through Embassy Track, deadline for each country is different and deadline for each university is also different if you are applying through University Track.
KINGS Global Scholarship in South Korea is also inviting international students for applications
Associate degree course(2~3 yrs.) after preliminary Korean Language training course(1 year.)
Bachelor’s degree course(4~6 yrs.) after preliminary Korean Language training course(1 year.)
You will need following documents to GKS Scholarships 2024,
- GKS-U 2023 Application Form
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Study Plan
- Personal Statement
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Applicant’s Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof Citizenship of applicant and its parents
- Proof of Family Relationship
- Certificate of High School Graduation
- High School Academic Transcripts
- Proof of Overseas Korea (For Overseas Koreans)
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document (For Overseas Koreans)
- Proof of Korean War Veteran’s Descendant (For Koreans War Veterans)
- Score report of valid TOPIK (original) or English Proficiency Test (copy
- Copy of awards and other certificates, etc.
- Valid Passport of the Applicant
Study in UK for Free as Reach Oxford Scholarship is fully funded program for international students
There are two application tracks through which you can apply for Global Korea Scholarship 2024-2025 which are as follow,
- Embassy Track
- University Track
- University Industry Cooperation (UIC) Program
Students from following countries can apply for Global Korea Scholarship through Embassy Track,
|58||Trinidad and Tobago||I||0||I|
|UIC (10 institutions)||[Bachelor’s Degree Program] Ajou University, Konyang University, Kookmin University, KOREATECH (Korea University of Technology and Education), Pusan National University, Sogang University, Soonchunhyang University, Tech University of Korea [Associate Degree Program] Kyungbok University, Yeungjin University||47 scholars (Bachelor’s) & 8 scholars (Associate)|
|Regional (30 institutions)||Busan University of Foreign Studies, Chonnam National University, Chungbuk National University, Chungnam National University, Daegu University, Daejeon University, Dong-A University, Dongseo University, Gyeongsang National University, Hannam University, Hoseo University, Inje University, Jeju National University, Jeonbuk National University, Kangwon National University, Keimyung University, Kongju National University, Konyang University, KOREATECH (Korea University of Technology and Education), Kyungpook National University, National Korea Maritime & Ocean University, Pai Chai University, Pukyong National University, Pusan National University, Semyung University, Silla University, Soonchunhyang University, Sun Moon University, Sunchon National University, Yeungnam University||49 scholars (Bachelor’s)|
|Associate (3 institutions)||Kyungbok University, Osan University, Yeungjin University||15 scholars (Associate)|
Scholarships are open at University of Melbourne for International Students in Australia
University Industry Cooperation (UIC) Program
60 Scholarships are awarded under this track and it is available for all countries,
How to Apply
- All the documents must be in English or Korean.
- Deadline for Each Country is different and deadline for each university is also different. So check with Korean Embassy in your Country and make sure to submit application before deadline.
- Each application form must be complete and candidate signature is required at the application form.
- Those who are applying through the Embassy track must check Korean Embassy in their country and submit there application through Embassy. Applicant can select maximum of Three universities.
- Embassy evaluate the applications submitted and forward those applications to NIEED.
- There are three rounds in application
- After the final round NIEED announce the scholarship winners at December 15, 2023.
- Those who are applying through university track can only apply at one university.
- After the application submission University recommend candidates to NIEED.
- In second round NIEED ask candidates for necessary documents
- Final selection will be announced by December
GKS-U 2024 Application Form
Download Global Korea Scholarship application form by visiting the link below,