The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) is pleased to announce the latest intake for Global Undergraduate Semester Exchange Program for Pakistan . The program provides full-time undergraduate students from Pakistan the opportunity to enrich their education through one semester of full-time, non-degree academic study in the United States. Applications are invited for the Global UGRAD Pakistan 2023, Undergraduate Semester Exchange Program for Pakistani students to study one semester in USA. For Islamic Republic of Pakistan (Global UGRAD-Pakistan), was launched by the Bureau of instructional and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the US Department of State. The program in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is run by the US Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) and within the US by the International analysis & Exchanges Board (IREX). IELTS and TOEFL are not required for the Global UGRAD Semester Exchange Program at the time of application.
Within a brief life-span, the world UGRAD has gained huge popularity among the Pakistani university going, students. With the primary batch of a hundred fellows of the 2010-11 Global UGRAD-Pakistan came back to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to complete their undergraduate degrees at Pakistani universities. Each year around 250+ students are selected for this exchange program.
The Global UGRAD program is designed to award opportunity to study at institutes in USA for undergraduate Pakistani students enrolled at a university in Pakistan. The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program offers cultural/academic exchange through a non-degree program for a semester at a university in the U.S. Applicants of this program are required to be in either their 14th or 15th year of formal education. Students enrolled in either, a four-year bachelor’s (3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th semester) program or a two-year bachelor’s(annual) programs or Students in First Year of MA are eligible to apply.
In 2010, the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program – Pakistan (Global UGRAD-Pakistan) was launched by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the United States Department of State. The program in Pakistan is administered by the United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) and in the United States by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX).
|Location||United States of America|
|Education Required||Currently 14th or 15th Year of Education|
|Age Limit||25 Years|
|Batches||2 per Year|
|Deadline||September 21, 2022|
Join Our Community
For daily Updates of jobs join our community and be a part of Studyhunt.info.
Global UGRAD Benefits:
The Global UGRAD Undergraduate Semester Exchange Program is fully funded exchange program mean everything is funded by the Program USEFP global UGRAD 2023. You don’t have to be compelled to pay one Penny and following are some of the benefits,
- Round-trip airfare
- Tuition and fees
- Housing and meals
- A limited allowance for books
- Accident and sickness coverage
- Monthly maintenance allowance
You May also Apply for this: Scotland Saltire Scholarship
Following is the eligibility criteria and requirements to apply for Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in USA,
- Pakistani citizens
- 25 years or younger
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and committed to returning to their home universities following the completion of the program.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities
- Serious interest in learning about the United States
- High level of academic achievement, as indicated in grades, awards and reference letters
- Proficiency in English
- Students from diverse backgrounds, especially those students who have not previously had opportunities to travel internationally are encouraged to apply
Semester Exchange Program for Women: Sister2Sister Exchange Program in USA
- Dual U.S./Pakistani nationals or U.S. permanent residents are not eligible
- Those who have a parent or spouse who is a U.S. citizen, permanent U.S. resident, or has a pending U.S. immigration
- Employees of the Fulbright organization, the U.S. Department of State, or USAID and their spouses, children, fiancés, siblings, dependents, and parents
- Students in their final year of university
Following documents are needed to apply for Global UGRAD Pakistan,
- Only online application is accepted
- Copies of Official transcripts
- Copies of degrees
- Copy of certificates
- Explanation of grading scale of university issuing the degree, are to be attached to the online application before submission.
- Valid Passport
- Statement of Purpose
Documents Required for Selected Candidates
Following documents will required after you are selected and finalized,
- Letter of References
- No Objection Certificate(NOC) from your current academic institution.
- Medical History
- TOEFL is required after selection and USEFP will administer this test.
You May also Apply for this: SUSI Summer Exchange Program
Some Important Tips for Selection:
Here you’ll realize the previous personal Statements of Global UGRAD Undergraduate Exchange Program & you will find the necessary Links. We are positively sure that this can assist you. Get a plan from these Links & build yours. Personal Statement plays a very important role in your selection. Here is that the list of Personal Statements that created to the United State of America.
Global UGRAD Sample SOP
The last date to apply for UGRAD Undergraduate Semester Exchange Program (Fully Funded) in USA is September 21 2022.
Note: Women’s, people with disabilities & individuals from FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, AJK, Gilgit Baltistan, Balochistan, Northern Sindh & Southern Punjab are highly encouraged to apply and will be preferred for selection.
You May also Apply for this: Youth Exchange Program for Pakistani Students
How to Apply For Global UGRAD
The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program is advertised every year (please check for availability) by September/October. Application form is required to be submitted online. All supporting documents, such as photocopies of transcripts including an explanation of grading scale of university issuing the degree, are to be attached to the online application before submission. Scan copies of all your university attested transcripts must be uploaded online including the most recent transcript.
NOTE: Only selected students will be required to provide Reference Letters and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current academic institution.
- Please visit the link given below to apply online for Global UGRAD Undergraduate Semester Exchange Program in USA for application.
- Applications must be submitted online
- Paper copies will not be considered.
- All application materials (including degrees, transcripts, and certificates) must be uploaded with the online application.
- Reference letters will only be required from applicants after they have been selected for the program.
Following is the selection process for selection of successful candidates for Global Undergraduate Semester Exchange Program for Pakistani Students,
Round 1: All applications will be screened by USEFP staff for completeness and minimum qualifications.
Round 2: Complete applications that meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated according to a set of established criteria and short listed.
Round 3: In-person interviews of short-listed applicants will take place in Islamabad between January and February. The interview panels are made up of both U.S. and Pakistani citizens.
Round 4: Final candidates and alternates will be selected in April-May. Applicants who have become finalists or alternates will be notified by telephone. Those who have not will be notified by mail.
Final approval is given by the higher authorities in the U.S.
Global UGRAD Result [update]
Approximately 142 Pakistani undergraduate students received scholarships for Spring batch to study in the United States for one semester under the Global Undergraduate Exchange (Global UGRAD) Program funded by the United States Government. Starting this month, the participants will attend undergraduate classes at 78 U.S. colleges and universities and participate in professional development workshops to enhance their academic standing and cultural immersion in the United States.