Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers scholarships to the outstanding students who are interested in studying at Japanese Universities, as well as to those Japanese students studying abroad, to assist them learn advanced technologies and improve their capabilities which can function a bridge connecting Japan with the remainder of the world in culture and mutual friendships. The scholarship is offered by the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation. These scholarships are for students interested in studying Masters and PhD programs at any higher education institutions in Japan. This is a fully funded scholarship and more 10 scholarships are awarded per session. Scholarships are open twice a year, in Fall and Spring.
This is a fully funded scholarship and it includes monthly allowance, accommodation charges and Travel expenses for attending an international conference. The students must have the knowledge and deep understanding about international friendship and should be able to attend events organized by the foundation. The purpose of this scholarship is to attract outstanding and brilliant students from all over the world to provide them this platform to study in any field of interest in any university in Japan for higher studies. HONJO scholarship is highly competitive and interested students should apply directly to the foundation with out any pre-selection by the University in Japan.
The application mode is online and its process given below. The eligibility criteria is minimum graduate, having 16 years of education to pursue Master’s degree and minimum master’s degree to pursue Ph.D. degree. Applicants must know how to make everyday conversations in Japanese language is necessary as the interview will be conducted in Japanese language. Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply. Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship is also available for international students to study in Japan.
|Scholarship Offered By
|Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
|Masters & Ph.D.
|Up to 5 years
|Number of scholarships
|Spring Deadline: September 1 – October 31, 2023
Selected candidates for this scholarship can receive the subsequent benefits:
- ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 years or 5 years
- The travel expenses to attend an international conference will be provided.
- The scholarship recipient is not permitted to receive any other scholarship in conjunction with the scholarship offered by the foundation.
Government of Japan also offer MEXT Scholarship for international students for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD programs at Universities in Japan.
- Applicant must be international and does not have Japanese citizenship.
- Candidates who are already enrolled in eligible degree level or applying for program at any Japanese institute are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants applying in a research base graduate programs are eligible to apply.
- The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- Applicant must have an excellent academic background.
- Applicant must be able to converse in Japanese Language.
- Age limit for PhD students is 35 years and for Masters students age limit is 30 years by the time of application.
- Academic transcript (Japanese or English )
- Research plan in Japanese (Research plan template)
- A recommendation letter from a supervisor
- Documents that prove admission, like an admission letter, a letter of acceptance, etc.
- Valid Passport
International students can also apply for Yokohama National University Scholarships For International Students
Last date to apply for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation for Spring 2023 is October 31, 2023. Application will open from 1st September 2023. So you have to apply in this application window.
- Visit the official link of the scholarship
- Confirm that you are eligible to apply and have all the required documents.
- Visit entry.hisf.or.jp for registration on Honjo Scholarship Online Application System.
- Enter the “online application system”. Fill out the application form and upload the required documents.
- Once the documents are submitted, the applying range are issued, and PDF of your form are created. Please save the PDF file as you may want it once the result’s proclaimed on the official web site.