Application can now apply for the this year Hubert H Humphrey Fellowship 2023-2024. A Fulbright program for the mid level professionals are invited in the top universities in United States to further enhance their leadership and educational skills. All International students are eligible to apply for this prestigious fully funded fellowship in USA.
Humphrey Fellowships Program is not a degree program but it offers far more than a degree as the students can complete the degree in their own institute but in this selected fellows get professional development in their field by networking, attending conferences and experiencing selected university courses.
- Organization: United States Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs with IIE
- Open For: All Nations are eligible to apply
- Gender: Male/Female
- Country: USA
- Scholarship: Fully Funded
- Degree: Non Degree
- Deadline: October 1st, 2022
Be a part of our community & let us help you succeed. Please do like and follow our Social Media Pages.
Eligibility Criteria :
Following is the eligibility criteria for the latest Fully Funded Humphrey Fellowship program,
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country of residence to learn about possible specific program requirements.
Benefits of the Humphrey Fellowship;
Following are the perks offered to the selected fellow,
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Want internship in USA? Tesla Internship Programs
Fellowship Program Fields
Following are the program fields offered in this fellowship,
Agricultural and Rural Development
Finance and Banking
Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
Urban and Regional Planning
Democratic Institution Building
Law and Human Rights
Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
Technology Policy and Management
Human Resource Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- The teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
Humphrey Fellowship Universities list
Following are the list of institutes 13 where about 150 selected fellows will be placed,
- American University, Washington College of Law
- Arizona State University
- Boston University
- Cornell University
- Emory University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Michigan State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Syracuse University
- The University of California, Davis
- The University of Minnesota, Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Vanderbilt University
- Virginia Commonwealth University.
Also Apply for Rhodes Scholarship in the UK
In 26 countries, the Humphrey Fellowship Program is administered by a Binational Fulbright Commission. In all other participating countries, the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy is charged with the operation of the Program.
Following are the countries eligible for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Europe and Eurasia
- Middle East and North Africa
- East Asia and Pacific
- South and Central Asia
- Western Hemisphere
Last date to apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowship program is October 1, 2022.
How to Apply?
To access the Humphrey Fellowship application and learn more about applying, please contact the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country.(Link Given Below)
Following are the steps involved in the selection of this fellowship,
Stage 1: National Screening
The Humphrey Program is facilitated overseas by Binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or the Public Affairs Sections of U.S. Embassies. Commissions and Embassies review applications submitted for the Humphrey Fellowship Program
Stage 2: Screening by the Institute of International Education
Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education (IIE) office in Washington, DC by October 1. The deadline for applicants to submit their applications to the Embassy or Commission varies by country.
Stage 3: Candidate Review Committees Stage
Candidate Review Committees convene in Washington, DC in December. Independent expert panelists with regional experience who work in academia, international organizations, or non-governmental organizations are recruited to review applications from a particular region of the world.
4: Approval by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board
The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB) has the final authority for the selection of the fellowship.
Stage 5: Placement of Selected Humphrey Fellows
Placements are determined by candidates’ fields of study and the program plan statements expressed in their applications.
Humphrey Fellowship Selection Result
Humphrey Fellowship result will be announced