Earlier we shared with you the opportunity to apply for the fully-funded Australia Awards. Today we share with you another great fully-funded scholarship opportunity which happens to be the neighbors of Australia, you may have guessed it already Scholarships are available now in New Zealand as applications are open now to apply for the Manaaki New Zealand Government Scholarships 2024-2025. International students from many countries are eligible to apply for these scholarships. These scholarships are funded and organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, New Zealand.
Students and researchers can apply for this Scholarship by New Zealand Government for Undergraduates, Masters, and Ph.D. in any institution in New Zealand. outstanding students from around the globe can win this scholarship opportunity by New Zealand Government. If You have great academic records and meet all the requirements for the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship, then you should not miss this amazing scholarship opportunity. You do not need to provide English language test scores when you apply for a New Zealand Scholarship, if you are shortlisted for the scholarship then you need to provide English language test scores.
The opportunities provided by New Zealand Government aims to develop the skills, knowledge, and networks of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries. Apply as soon as possible as if large number of applications are received from a country organizer may stop accepting further applications from that country. International students can also apply for University sponsored scholarships like University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship.
|New Zealand Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
|Undergraduates, Graduates, PhD, Diploma
|29th February, 2024
Join Our Community
For daily Updates of jobs join our community and be a part of Studyhunt.info.
Successful candidates who gets the scholarship receive following benefits,
- Full Tuition fee is covered under this scholarship
- A weekly stipend of NZ$491
- Establishment allowance of NZ$3000 to help with set-up costs in New Zealand.
- Medical insurance
- Return Travel Ticket
- Travel Insurance
- Allowance for research and thesis costs for many postgraduate students
- Travel home during your scholarship (We allow for one or two trips home, depending on the length of your scholarship)
Requirements to Apply
Following are the basic eligibility criteria for this scholarship program,
- Must be from eligible list of countries
- Applicants must be from 18 to 40 years old at the start of the study
- Postgraduate scholarship applicants or applicants, who finished high school a few years ago, must have relevant work experience. One Year fulltime or Two years part Time.
- Must meet New Zealand Student visa requirements
- Candidates meet all the course requirements before applying
- Candidates have received an offer or acceptance from any host universities in New Zealand.
- PhD scholarship applicants should look for and email suitable PhD supervisors at New Zealand universities.
- Candidates must provide English Proficiency Certificate if they get the scholarship.
- For Candidates applying for PhD program, needs to submit Research Proposal
- Candidates must provide Study Plan for Masters Degree
- Statement of Purpose
- Motivation Letter
Looking for more scholarships in New Zealand You can also apply for Victoria University of Wellington Tongarewa Scholarships
Duration of Program
Duration of the scholarship program depends on the type of degree you want to study, details given as follows,
- Postgraduate Certificate (6 months)
- Postgraduate Diploma (1 year)
- Master’s Degree (1-2 years)
- PhD (up to 3.5 years)
Eligible Countries for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship
New Zeeland accepts applications from students from following countries,
1) Asian countries
Cambodia, Indonesia, Jordan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar*, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Maldives.
2) African countries
Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Djibouti, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leonne, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
3) Caribbean countries
Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname.
4) Latin American countries
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela.
5) Pacific countries
Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
As an international student you can also apply for University of Otago Scholarships for International Students
Under Manaaki New Zeeland Government Scholarship for Tertiary International Students can study in following universities,
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Southern Institute of Technology
- Unitec Institute of Technology
- Wintec – Waikato Institute of Technology
Application for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship will open from 1st February 2024 and deadline of the scholarship is 29th February 2024.
- A certified copy of original formal degree graduation certificate and, if not in English, a certified translation of the degree.
- A certified copy of original formal academic transcript/s and, if not in English, a certified translation copy of the transcripts.
- a certified copy of a citizenship document
- a certified copy of the original birth certificate and, if not in English, a certified translation
- a curriculum vitae (CV) briefly detailing work history and responsibilities
- referee reports: at least one academic referee report and at least one other referee report (e.g. a work supervisor). Master’s by Research or PhD applicants should provide two academic referee reports.
- a certified copy of original English language test.
- For PhD candidates evidence that the applicant has received in-principle support for their research topic from a potential supervisor.
- Health Certificate
How to Apply
See this apply online page, all the information about Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship is given here.
Applicants who are interested to apply for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship will first have to take an Online Eligibility Test.
If the test concludes that you are eligible for the scholarship then You can register an account.
Complete all the full application with all the information asked for. You must write your application in English.
Submit your application before deadline.