Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship
If you are looking for scholarship opportunities in Japan then should also consider for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Overseas Candidate. It gives the opportunity for international students to study in Japanese Universities. Scholarship will open for all Rotary districts in Japan for latest enrollment. Under this scholarship international students can study Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral programs at Japanese universities or graduate schools under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology and all graduate fields of studies are eligible under this scholarship.
This is a fully funded scholarship and the expenses are covered the scholarship organization. For Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship, applicants should have the knowledge of basic Japanese language understanding and have JLPT N4 level, however this is not mandatory. To apply for this scholarship first you need admission at the university. You have to apply for universities for graduate degrees yourself and Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship is a separate application, which you can apply after getting admission at the university in Japan. Japan Government also offer fully funded scholarships for international students MEXT Scholarship.
This Scholarship is privately funded scholarship by Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation. This scholarship is to commemorate Mr. Umekichi Yoneyama, who was a Japanese business and founded first rotary club in Tokyo Japan. Six years after the passing of Mr. Umekichi Yoneyama, Rotary Club of Tokyo members initiated Yoneyama Fund. Japan’s Rotary organization consists of 34 districts, and each district has a Rotary Yoneyama selection committee.
|Organization||Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation|
|Programs||undergraduates, Masters and PhD|
|No. of Scholarships||15 per year|
Join Our Community
Eligibility and Requirement
- All international students are eligible to apply, except from Japanese resident and Japanese origin students overseas.
- Students intended to study at Japanese Universities or graduate schools.
- Non-degree, Research and exchange students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants who are enrolls in dual degree programs must the duration of studies, 2 or more years.
- Applicants must have good physical and mental health.
- Applicants should have basic understanding of Japanese language so at least JPLT N4 level is needed.
- Applicants must be under 45 years of age.
- Applicant who are receiving any other scholarship are not eligible for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship.
Interested in more scholarships in Japan? you can also apply for Keio University Scholarship For International Students
This is a benefit type scholarship and there is not subsidy in entrance fee and tuition fee separately.
- Scholarship amount of ¥100,000 per month for undergraduates students.
- Scholarship amount of ¥140,000 per month for Masters students.
- Scholarship amount of ¥140,000 per month Doctoral students.
- Up to 250,000 yen grant for Airfare
- Scholarship duration for Undergraduates is 2 years
- Scholarship duration for Graduates is 2 years
Following set of documents are required to apply for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship,
- Application Form which clearly mention University name, major fields, faculty advisor or admission office you are applying to.
- Submitted admission application form(copy) for the intended university / graduate school.
- A Research Plan with prescribed form in following theme,
For Undergraduates: “What I want to study at the university or my study plan”
For Graduates: “Plans of research at the graduate school. Current status of research”
- A Scholarship essay on the topic of “Objective for studying in Japan”
- For undergraduates A letter of recommendation is required by your previous school, Teacher/Staff or Workplace.
- For Graduate A letter of recommendation is required “from a prospective supervisor of your intended graduate school must be submitted.”
- A letter of acceptance by the prospective Japanese institution.
- A Japanese language proficiency Certificate (optional)
You can also apply for University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarships funded by Japanese government.
Last date to apply for current enrollment of Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship is 31, October 2023.
There are two enrollments per year April and September/October Enrollment.
How to Apply
Application is online First Register an account Rotary Yoneyama
Download application form and fill all the required information
Attach all the required documents