TechGirls 2023 is an international exchange program that is introduced by U.S Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. It is basically for the young women from all around the world who wants to pursue their career in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. It is an exchange workshop program with America’s most innovative tech professionals. Their aim is to develop mutual understanding between the people of United States and the people of other countries by education and cultural exchange that help in maintaining peaceful relations. So, if you want to pursue your dreams, and want to startup your career, here is an exciting opportunity from where your career begins. The program is for the teenage girls (ages 15-17). For 2023, at the start of the exchange i.e., from July 8th, 2023; the age criteria must lie (Born on or between July 9, 2005 and July 8, 2008).
The program consists of 25-days in the United States that is partnered with Virginia Tech, a public research university. It is a fully funded program. The Tech camp is packed with skill-development workshops that are for 40 hours in 25 days. TechGirls Exchange program encourages the students to pursue higher education and represent themselves in those underrepresented educational fields. The benefit of this program is that, it develops leadership skills in girls so that they can compete and meet the demands of the fast growing industry. Several challenging courses taught by Virginia Tech’s faculty in tech training program. The participants will attend leadership clinics, tailored tech talks, and workshops that are usually based on career options, project planning, and higher education opportunities. Then they can travel to the specific listed countries for seeking job. Also the training includes several projects and challenges that connect them with tech professionals in mentoring relationships.
The program was established in 2012, which has trained 528 teenage girls (ages 15-17) from the Middle East and North Africa. The program further expanded with global expansion in 2022 serving six world regions (Western Hemisphere, Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, East Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, and South and Central Asia). And now in 2023, the program will serve in 35 countries that will bring 111 peers and 15 American young women. It connects and supports the women for the upcoming generation and provides them the opportunities to advance their skills. The participants are provided with health care needs under the certified staff.
TechGirls 2023 Details
- United States of America
- U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- The duration of the TechGirls youth exchange program in the USA is 25 Days.
No. of Participants:
- December 16, 2022
More fully funded exchange program opportunities for girls from all around the world by SUSI Summer Exchange Program
Eligibility Criteria For TechGirls
- Candidates must belong to the eligible countries listed in Sub-Saharan Africa, East Asia and Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, South and Central Asia, Western Hemisphere, Europe and Eurasia, and the USA.
- Candidates should be between the age of 15 and 17 at the beginning of the program.
- Candidates must possess advanced skills and interest in technology or engineering or math during their study tenure.
- Candidates must wish to pursue their higher education and career in technology.
- Candidates must have strong English language skills.
- Candidates must exhibit a mature, flexible, and open-minded approach.
- Candidates must be ready to attend at least one additional semester after their return to their home country.
- Candidates must be willing to complete a community service project in their home country after their return.
- Candidates with no prior experience in the USA or who have not visited the USA in the last three years are preferred.
Eligible Countries for 2023
- Sub-Saharan Africa (AF) – Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa
- East Asia and Pacific (EAP) – Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- The Middle East and North Africa (NEA) – Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia
- South and Central Asia (SCA) – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- Western Hemisphere (WHA) – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname
- Europe and Eurasia (EUR) – Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
- United States of America
Also apply for YES Program which is for international students who want to study in USA
You need following documents to apply for TechGirls 2023,
- A photograph
- Latest school transcript.
- Eight essay questions are required to be filled.
- Passport number. (If available)
TechGirl summer exchange program 2023 application period starts from Monday, October 17 at 8:00 AM EDT to Friday, December 16 at 12:00 PM EST.
How to Apply?
- A candidate must register himself before starting the TechGirls 2023 application via the official website
- Candidates must log in to their accounts for applying.
- A candidate should have all the related documents before applying.