The International Fellowships 2024 program offered by The British Academy and Royal Society is a fantastic opportunity for early-career researchers to further their research skills and broaden their horizons. This program is designed to support researchers who want to work in the UK for two years, focusing on a specific research project while gaining valuable experience in an international setting. 15 fellowship awards will be offered in this round of application.
Fellowships are open to researchers working outside the UK, and applicants must have a PhD or be in the final stages of their PhD program. Eligible candidates must have no more than seven years of active full-time postdoctoral experience, discounting career breaks, teaching experience, and time spent in industry. Additionally, applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English. The UK Sponsor plays a crucial role in the development of applications for the International Fellowships 2024. They work closely with the lead applicant to create a robust project proposal and provide ongoing mentorship, support, and guidance throughout the fellowship period. The sponsor’s role is outlined in good detail in paragraphs 44-49.
Want Fellowships in USA? Then see Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
|The British Academy, Royal Academy
|All International Students
|13 March 2024
To be considered for the International Fellowships 2024 program, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have a PhD, or be in the final stages of their PhD program (confirmation of award of the PhD will be required before any Fellowship award is confirmed)
- Have no more than seven years of active full-time postdoctoral experience, discounting career breaks, teaching experience, and time spent in industry
- Be working outside the UK
- Not hold UK citizenship
- Be competent in written and spoken English
- Have a clearly defined and mutually beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host researcher.
You can also apply for University of Hawaii Graduate Degree Fellowship in USA!
The benefits of the International Fellowships 2024 program include:
- Support for two years, with the possibility of a further year of funding
- Research expenses of up to £12,000
- Relocation costs of up to £8,000
- Opportunities to network with UK-based and international researchers
- Eligibility to receive follow-on Alumni funding for networking activities
- Classical Antiquity
- Theology and Religious Studies
- Africa, Asia, and the Middle East
- Linguistics and Philology
- Early Modern Languages and Literatures to 1830
- Modern Languages, Literatures and Other Media from 1830
- Medieval Studies
- Early Modern History to 1850
- Modern History from 1850
- History of Art and Music
- Economics and Economic History
- Anthropology and Geography
- Sociology, Demography and Social Statistics
- Political Studies: Political Theory, Government, and International Relations
- Culture, Media, and Performance
- Management and Business Studies
International researchers can also apply for Vienna Bio Center Summer Research Internship!
The application deadline for the International Fellowships 2024 program is March 13, 2024, at 17:00 GMT.
How To Apply
You can start your online application by visiting the link below,