Are you student and want to study in Japan for further studies? Here is a big opportunity for all of the students who wanted to study in a well-developed Asian country. Applications are open now for the scholarships at the University of Tokyo for the academic year 2024-2025. The University of Tokyo is the National University of Japan which means all the scholarships are supported by the government of Japan. These scholarships are for the masters and Ph.D. programs. Applicants who are desirous to study in Japan on full scholarship are encouraged to apply in it.
The best part of these scholarships is that No IELTS or TOEFL exams are mandatory, no need to take the test of English proficiency, applicants must have knowledge a little bit about the Japanese language. University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship is funded by the Japanese Government, as there are two track of application for MEXT Scholarship, one is Embassy Track and other is University. This is University Recommended Track For MEXT Scholarship.
University of Tokyo is a public university located in Tokyo, Japan. University is founded in 1877 and it is ranked 28th in QS World Ranking. More than 28,000 students are studying at the university in various undergraduate and graduate programs, 13% of them are international students.
|University||University of Tokyo|
|Programs Offered||Masters, PhD|
|Financial Benefits||Fully funded|
|Deadline||31st October 2023|
Join Our Community
- Master’s Program will start from October 2024 and lasts in September 2026( 2 years)
- The PhD Program will start from October 2024 and lasts in September 202476( 3 years)
Applications will open from 1st October and the last date to apply for the University of Tokyo MEXT scholarship is 31st October 2023 for applicants wishing to enroll in April 2024.
Application period is From December 15 to January 5, 2024 (JST) for applicants wishing to enroll in October 2024
Also apply for Kyoto University Scholarship For International Students for Masters and PhD programs
You will be receive following benefits if you are selected,
- MEXT scholarships awarded by the University of Tokyo in Japan having many financial benefits like it is fully funded it will cover
- Full Tuition Fee exempted
- Transport Expenses( from applicant’s home country to Japan)
- Monthly stipend of 2000-3000 yen Living Expenses for those students who are involved in research programs in different locations
- 144000 yen per Month (For Masters)
- 145,000 Yen per Month( For Ph.D.)
All Programs in Following departments are eligible,
- Department of Physics
- Department of Astronomy
- Department of Earth and Planetary Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biological Sciences
Want more scholarships in Japan then you should also apply for Yokohama National University Scholarships For International Students
- Applicant must have command of the English language.
- For English, proficiency Applicants have to give the test in which he must score B2 or above on common Europe framework of Reference for Languages ( CEFR) ( TOEFL IBt 72 or above) or IELTS 5.5 above.
- Applicants whose institute language was English are exempted from the English proficiency test in case if they provided English proficiency certificates.
- If the applicant wish to enroll in Japanese taught program the they have to passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) with a score of N2 or higher.
Following are the requirements to apply for University of Tokyo Scholarships,
- Applicants from all over the world can apply for MEXT Scholarships
- Applicants age, not more than 35 years as per the year 1989
- Applicants must apply in their relevant field, which he is doing in his previous degree
- Applicants with excellent results are eligible
- Applicants must have 2.30 CGPA or more from their last graduated degree
- Applicants doing their current courses must have 2.30 CGPA
- Applicants should be physically and mentally fit for
- In Visa status applicant must marked as Student resident
- Applicants who are turned down by MEXT are ineligible for this scholarship program
As an international students looking for opportunities in Japan you can also apply for Keio University Scholarship For International Students
Required GRE Test for each department is as follows:
|Department||Subject Test||General Test|
|Earth and Planetary Science||Requirements set by individual faculty members. Use following link to examine full list of subjects and examination methods.|
|Biological Sciences||not required (Note: Applicants may submit the score of Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry instead of General Test score.)||required|
Following documents are required to apply for University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarships,
- Application Form
- Field of Study and Research Plan
- One Letter of Recommendation from Dean or above
- Fresh Passport size photo
- Official Transcripts and degrees
- English or Japanese language skills proof
- Abstract of graduation thesis(
- Student passport
Download application Form for MEXT Scholarship
Field of Study and Research Plan Download
How to Apply:
Applicants are required to apply for admission at Graduate programs.
After that Applicants need to apply online for the MEXT Scholarships.
Complete both applications before deadline.
For Complete admission guide for graduate programs Visit This Link