Interested candidates are invited to apply for this exciting opportunity for the Asian Development Bank-Japan Fully Funded Scholarship 2023-2024. International Students from Asia and the Pacific region(Countries listed below) are eligible to apply for this fully funded ADB–JSP scholarship opportunity. Under ADB-JSP Scholarship applicants will study Masters Degree at its partnered institutions. Under this scholarship winners will receive full tuition fee coverage, monthly stipend, book and instructional materials, medical insurance and travel expenses.
Around 300 scholars are selected each year duration of this scholarship is 2 years, 1 year with an option to extend to the second year of study. Candidates can apply for institutions specified by ADB (details given below) from Hongkong, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and USA. The purpose of this scholarship program is to provide an opportunity to the residents of the member countries of the ADB to undertake postgraduate at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
Established in 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan, since then The Asian Development Bank–Japan Scholarship Program (ADB–JSP) has provided scholarships opportunities to the thousands of talented students.
- Organization: Asian Development Bank- Japan
- Open For: Asia and Pacific Regions
- Gender: Male/Female
- Country: Hongkong, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, USA
- Scholarship: Fully Funded
- Degree: Masters Degree
- Deadline: Depends upon Each University
Join Our Community
Programs Offered by ADB-JSP Scholarship
Following are the postgraduate programs offered by this ADB-JSP Scholarship,
- natural resource management
- science and technology
- other development-related fields
Also Apply for OIST INTERNSHIP IN JAPAN Fully Funded
Eligible Countries for ADB Scholarship
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam
List of Universities which participates in this Scholarship
Following are the list of institutions participates in ADB-JSP Scholarship.
ADB-JSP scholarship provides many benefits with monthly stipend other benefits some are listed below,
- full tuition fees
- a monthly subsistence and housing allowance
- an allowance for books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Following is the eligibility criteria for the latest ADB-JSP scholarship,
- A national of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese ODA scholarship eligible country listed here.
- Gained admission to an approved MA course at an academic institution.
- A bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent with a superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and close relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- The staff of ADB–JSP designated institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB–JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB–JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
Also Apply for Fully Funded KAIST University Scholarship
Last Date to apply for the ADB-JSP Scholarship depends upon the universities each institute has different deadline dates to apply. Interested candidates are advised to go to university’s official website.
How to Apply for ADB-JSP Scholarship
Following is the procedure to apply for the Asian Development Bank Scholarship,
- Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen Academic Institution(s). Applicants are encouraged to access various resources, including the institutions’ websites and handbooks, and institution information sessions held in-country, to assist them in making an informed decision on the academic institution and course they wish to undertake.
- Applicants should indicate to the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB–JSP Scholarship. The completed Institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB–JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation. Failure to do so may result in an application not being processed or to an award being terminated if documentation or information provided is later determined to be false. Applicants are required to submit their latest Income Tax Return or Certification of their Annual Salary/Monthly Salary, whichever is available. They should also submit a Certification of Family Income (Parent’s Income).
- The academic institution will screen and rank the applicants, based on its own selection criteria, keeping in view the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the ADB. In the evaluation process, the academic institution may contact the candidates for further information. The academic institution will then submit its ranked list of applicants to ADB, including a description of the score/grading system which is the basis for the ranking.
- ADB will review the submission from the academic institutions and recommend awardees based on the selection criteria of ADB to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
- Upon approval by the Executive Director of Japan, ADB will advise academic institutions on the successful candidates.
- The academic institution will inform all applicants of the outcome of the selection process and begin to make arrangements for the awardees to take up their scholarships.
- The academic institutions will arrange for the signing of the Acceptance of Scholarship Award by awardee wherein the scholars agree that after completion of their study, they will return to their home country. There is a two years employment restriction at the ADB Group after the completion of their academic program
- ADB will send an appropriate congratulatory letter to each scholar.
Official Link To Apply For ADB-JSP Scholarship