One of the biggest scholarship opportunity is opened up now by South Korean Government. Call for applications for Global Korea Scholarship 2023-2024 For Graduates is open now. Students from wide range of countries can apply this fully funded scholarship opportunity. Under GKS, international students can study Masters, PhD and Research Programs at participating universities. Korean Government has increased foreign admissions to 200,000 this year. So, there will be so many scholarships available. If you have always dreamed of studying in South Korea, then must apply for Global Korea Scholarship. Through this scholarship, you will be getting the chance to study for free in world class universities. There are two tracks of application, Embassy Track and University Track, each track has its own application requirements which must be met to apply.
Moreover, applicants are required to pick one option from these options for application; General, overseas Korean adoptees, Korean language teaching professionals, or research programs. For the university track, applicants have to choose one of these; General, research programs, or science and engineering majors at a regional university. Students from all over the globe can apply for this scholarship. The scholarship provokes students to study in South Korea’s best universities. GKS is the very famous scholarship program across the globe. The scholarship also makes the bond strong between South Korea and other countries. The objective of scholarship is also to promote Korean culture, brand value, and the Korean language. Students study Korean language to increase their chances of getting scholarship.
Korean Ministry of Education has formed this scholarship program. The scholarship was named as KGSP before stands for Korean Government Scholarship Program. The scholarship is granted to excellent deserving students to continue their higher studies. GKS is administered and regulated by National Institute for International Education (NIIED). They work in the place of Ministry of Education in Korea. Interested in Studying in Australia on Full scholarship then you must see Australian National University(ANU) Scholarships
|Region of Studies||South Korea|
|Organization||government of the Republic of Korea|
|Degree Level||Undergraduate / graduate / postgraduate|
Join Our Community
For daily Updates of jobs join our community and be a part of Studyhunt.info.
FACEBOOK PAGE | FACEBOOK GROUP | WHATSAPP GROUP 1 | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
- The applicants and their parents should not be citizens of South Korea.
- Individuals with dual citizenship (including one Korean) are also not eligible.
- All applicants must hold citizenship from one of the invited nations selected by the NIIED. Yet, the parents can be nationals of countries that do not participate in the GKS graduate program.
- There is an exceptional case with overseas Koreans with Japanese citizenship. If their parents have a “Permanent Residency Permit” in Japan and have Korean citizenship, they can apply.
- They need to provide documents proving the renunciation of Korean citizenship for all applicants. This is also for their parents, who earlier held Korean citizenship.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age (born after September 1, 1982), if they are applying for GKS Postgraduate scholarship.
- Academic professors that are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2023, can also apply. They are required to be citizens of one of the 107 countries designated as official development assistance (ODA) recipients.
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Cabo Verde
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Burkina Faso
- Côte d’Ivoire
- El Salvador
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Central African Republic Eswatini
- China (People’s Republic of)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- People’s Democratic Republic Moldova
- Madagascar Nicaragua
- Papua New Guinea
- Sri Lanka
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Rwanda Tokelau
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Viet Nam
- West Bank and Gaza Strip
- South Sudan
- North Sudan
- North Macedonia
- Saint Helena
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- South Africa
- Wallis and Futuna
International students interested in studying in China can also apply for Jiangsu Government Scholarship
- The CGPA requirement is 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0
- The percentage must be 80% or above on scale of 100. If you are in the top 20% of your last class, the you’re also eligible
- For a Master’s program, one must have bachelor’s degree.
- For a doctoral program, one should have a master’s degree or education or equivalent or higher than a UG degree.
- To be eligible for research program, candidate should e having invitation from any partner university.
- Candidate should have a doctoral degree by February 28, 2023 for Postdoctoral Research Program
- For Professor Exchange Program, candidate must be holding Master’s degree or higher and must teach at a university as a professor.
- Program for Education, Science, Culture, and International Cooperation Professionals. One needs a Master’s degree or higher and must be a professional in the same (E.S.C.I.) Field.
- Candidates must have a major in the Korean language and should choose the same while picking their major/field of study.
- Students graduated from a Korean high school or university can’t apply. Overseas Korean adoptees and former GKS Scholars are eligible well.
- There is an exception for former GKS scholars lost scholarships because they failed to pass TOPIK level 3 or above. After completing the Korean course, they can reapply if they have passed TOPIK level 5.
- Lastly, candidate needs to be in good mental and physical health.
Programs and Duration:
- Korean Language Program(1 Year)
- Master’s (2 Years)
- Doctoral (3 Years)
- Research (6 months or 1 year)
Under GKS 2023-2024 students will receive following benefits,
- Full Tuition Fee Coverage
- Monthly Stipend
- Settlement Allowance
- Research Support Fee
- Korean Language Training
- Medical Insurance
Following are the documents required to apply for the scholarship, For each round of the application process different documents are required, details are as follows,
- Complete Application Form (Form 1)
- Personal Statement (Form 2)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Form 5)
- GKS Applicant Agreement (Form 7)
- Personal Medical Assessment (Form 8)
- Applicant’s Proof of Citizenship Document (Original)
- Applicant’s Parent’s Proof of Citizenship Document (Original)
Optional documents for (Masters, Ph.D., and Research Program)
- Certificate of valid Korean test, only TOPIK score.
- Certificate of valid English Ability exam (TOEIC, IELTS, TOEFL, etc.)
- Published books & research papers, etc.
- Awards and other certificates
- Applicant’s passport copy
Documents according to the programs and candidates
- Statement of Purpose (Form 3) — For masters and doctoral programs.
- Document for Bachelor’s degree and its transcript — For masters and doctoral programs.
- Document for Master’s degree and its transcript — For doctoral and research program.
- Documents for Overseas Korean, Korean Citizenship Renunciation, Korean Adoptee (Original and Optional). This only applies to relevant applicants.
- Certificate of Employment (teaching subject) and certification of a teaching career (years taught). (Original and Optional). This is only for Korean teaching professionals for UG bachelor’s and master’s programs.
Documents only for research programs
- Research Proposal (Form 4)
- University’s Official Letter of Invitation (Form 6)
- Original documents for the doctoral degree and its transcript. This only applies to postdoctoral research programs.
Last date to apply for Global Korea Graduate Scholarship is different for each country.
How to Apply:
- The application period is usually February-March for GKS graduate programs (Masters, Doctorate, and Research). But, GKS for undergraduates takes place in September.
- Open the website https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/ko/main.do of Korean Government and have access to application form.
- You can apply in two ways ‘the embassy track’ and ‘the university track.’
- Choose the track depending upon your country.
- You can also try both ways.
- In embassy track, you first apply to the Korean embassy of your country and then there are three other rounds
- In university track, you directly submit application to Korean University