International Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships
Study in Canadian University like Lakehead University is desire of most of the students. Applications are open for Non-Canadian citizens who are entering Lakehead University from a high school, or who are transferring from an international college or university, will be considered for the Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships. All the undergraduate programs are eligible for this scholarship. No separate application is required students who gets admission in any undergraduate program will be automatically be eligible for this scholarship.
The scholarship is available to the top international students applying to Lakehead University for 2024-2025. Limited number of scholarships are available for and candidates will be selected on merit basis. There are two rounds of application(in February and April). The total duration of the scholarship is up to 4 years.
Lakehead University was established on June 4, 1946, by an Order-in-Council of the Province of Ontario. It is a public research university with campuses in Thunder Bay and Orillia, Ontario, Canada.Lakehead University is ranked 801 in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education and has an overall score of 4.0 stars, according to student reviews on Studyportals.
- Renewable provided a 90% average is achieved in each academic year.
- Renewable provided an 80% average is achieved in each academic year.
- Non-renewable, one-time only scholarship awarded in Year 1.
- Maximum length of scholarship term is 4 academic years or until the first degree is awarded, whichever occurs first.
- Recipients whose status changes and may be charged domestic fees will have their scholarship value reassessed to equate to the domestic entrance scholarship grid and regulations available at that time.
- Entrance Scholarship averages are awarded based on the Canadian equivalent of your average used for admission consideration.
- Your Entrance Scholarship will be applied to your first-year tuition to an undergraduate degree program once you have successfully completed Lakehead University’s Academic English Program.
Interested in more scholarship opportunities in Canada then you should also see University of British Columbia scholarships
To be considered eligible for scholarship consideration, recipients must be entering Years 1, 2, or 3 of a minimum 4-year undergraduate degree program.
If a student’s university academic average falls between 80.0% – 89.9%, the student will receive an amended scholarship valued at $7,500 CAD/year for each subsequent academic year for the remaining term of the scholarship. Complete breakdown of scholarship amount is given in the able below,
|IB Average||Scholarship Amount|
|90.0%+||35+||$40,000 ($10,000 x 4 years)|
|80.0% – 89.9%||30-34||$30,000 ($7,500 x 4 years)|
|75.0% – 79.9%||28-29||$6,000 ($6,000 in Year 1 only)|
Programs offered under the scholarship:
- Aboriginal Education
- Applied Life Sciences
- Applied Life Sciences (Lakehead Georgian partnership)
- Computer Science
- Computer Science (Lakehead Georgian Partnership)
- Education- Concurrent
- Engineering- chemical
- Engineering- civil
- Engineering- electrical
- Engineering- mechanical
One of the top institute is also accepting applications from international, Visit University of Alberta Scholarship for International Students
Last date to apply for undergraduate programs at Lakehead University for international students is March 1, 2024.
Scholarship Offers will be extended in two rounds. Round One will take place in February 2024, and Round Two will take place in April 2024.
How to apply:
You can apply online on the Official Website of Lakehead university. No Separate application is required for the scholarship. Students who get admission will be automatically considered for the scholarship.