The Youth Dialogue on Internet Governance (YOUthDIG) conference is a yearly pre-event to the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) conference aimed at engaging young people ages 18-30 in important discussions on Internet policy and governance. Taking place online and in-person, YOUthDIG provides a platform for youth to learn from experienced practitioners and develop policy messages to contribute to both EuroDIG and the global Internet Governance Forum.
Through a combination of workshops, presentations, and networking opportunities, YOUthDIG equips the next generation of leaders with a strong understanding of the most pressing Internet governance issues. Participants explore topics like security, human rights, sustainability and innovation through both peer-to-peer and youth-professional exchanges. The youth delegates collaborate to produce a set of “Youth Messages” expressing their policy priorities and recommendations. These messages are then shared at EuroDIG and the IGF to ensure youth perspectives inform global Internet governance talks.
|February 14, 2024
Eligibility Criteria for YOUthDIG:
- Candidates must be ages 18-30 and reside in Europe
- Applications are encouraged from students, early career professionals, entrepreneurs and representatives of youth organizations
- Both newcomers to the field as well as those with related experience are welcome to apply
Benefits of Participating in YOUthDIG:
- Gain expertise on Internet governance issues and digital policy processes
- Develop leadership and public speaking skills through presenting “Youth Messages”
- Build an international network of youth leaders in Internet policy
- Attend the EuroDIG conference for free along with travel/accommodation support
- Opportunities for ongoing participation in the EuroDIG community
The application deadline for YOUthDIG 2024 is February 14, 2024. Interested candidates should complete an online application available through the EuroDIG website providing their background, interests, motivation and goals for participation. Selection is based on blind peer review by the YOUthDIG Organizing Team.
YOUthDIG Online Application
If you meet the requirements and interested to attend this conference you can start your application by filling this online application form.
Successful candidates will take part in various online sessions leading up to the in-person event in June 2024. Travel grants are available to support attendance in Vilnius, Lithuania where YOUthDIG and EuroDIG will be held. This unique gathering offers invaluable experience to help shape global Internet governance.