Applications are open to apply for the Vanier Scholarship in Canada. Funded by the government of Canada, Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) helps brilliant students from all over the world to pursue their research studies in Canada. Both domestic students and international students can apply for Vanier Scholarship. This is a Fully Funded Scholarship opportunity to masters leading to PhD and PhD.
The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Each year up to 166 scholarships are awarded under Vanier Scholarship. The duration of this scholarship is 3 years which non renewable.
Vanier Scholarship Details:
- Host Organization: Canadian Government (Vanier-Banting Secretariat)
- Course Level: Master’s leading to PhD and PhD
- Eligible Region: Open for All Countries
- Category: Scholarship
- Country: Canada
- Deadline: November 2, 2021
Join Our Community
Field of Study under Vanier Scholarship
Scholarships are distributed equally between the three federal granting agencies:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
List of Universities under Vanier Scholarship
First you have to seek your nomination from the by a Canadian institute with quota. Following are the List of universities under vanier scholarship with quota
Benefits of Vanier (CGS)
$50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies.
Looking for scholarships in USA? Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program by Stanford University in the USA
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible.
- be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota
- Must be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD.
- Must of English Language Proficient.
- Interested candidate must have a research project experience
How to Apply for Vanier (CGS)
- Apply to a Canadian institution with vanier CGS quota.
- Candidates must then inform the institution that they wish to be considered for a Vanier CGS.
- Either student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program or institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
- Candidates have to Create a Canadian Common CV (CVV) and link it to the ResearchNet.
- Complete your ResearchNet application by providing all necessary documents.