More Info Related to Scholarships
Main info about Australia Awards
Australia Awards Scholarship Universities
Countries allowed to apply
How to win Australia Awards
CV Template for Australia awards Scholarship
How to Apply For Australia Awards:
Finally, the wait is over and the biggest scholarship awards funded by The Australian government is now open to apply. Applications are invited for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2021-2022 for undergraduate or postgraduate studies. Australia Awards offer emerging leaders the opportunity to undertake study, research, and professional development with the support of the Australian Government. The opportunities provided by Australia Awards develop the skills, knowledge, and networks of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries and regions while maintaining strong links to Australia. These are fully funded scholarship by the government of Australia.
Also, see this opportunity Hammad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship in Qatar 2021
The department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Australia funds these Australia Scholarships for 2022 The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries. OASIS Scholarship are open now for the intake of the academic year 2021/2022.
This scholarship provides the opportunity for students to have a chance to study full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. The eligible candidates with the required qualifications can apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2021-2022. The details and descriptions are given below.
The Online Australia Awards Scholarships Information System (OASIS) is DFAT’s internet-based data management system. It enables DFAT, managing contractors and institutions to access a centralised database to electronically enter and store data, process applications and manage awards. DFAT provides users with an OASIS user manual and initial training.
Australia Awards Scholarships 2021 Detail:
- Type of Opportunity: Scholarship
- Applications: will open 1 February 2021
- Deadline: 30 June 2021
- Degree: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Country: Australia
- Open for: Specific Countries
- Organizer: Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Join Our Community
Australia Awards Scholarships 2021 Benefits:
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. Benefits include
- Full tuition fees
- Return economy class air travel
- One time Establishment allowance
- Contribution to living expenses paid fortnightly
- An Introductory Academic Program
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award
- Supplementary academic support
- Initial visa expenses
- Research awards and Masters by coursework.
- Research awards eligible research students.
Please check the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook for detailed information about Scholarship benefits and entitlements.
Eligible Degrees for AAS 2021-2022 :
Following are the degrees available for fully funded scholarships in Australia, Among these degree courses some are priority areas of study which mostly related to research.
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses
- Bachelor’s degree (undergraduate) courses
- Master’s degree courses
- Doctorate degree (PhD) programs
Turkish Scholarships are still Open So apply for Turkiye Burslari Scholarships 2020-2021 for BS, MS, and PhD
To be eligible to receive an Australia Awards Scholarship, applicants must meet following criteria:
- Candidates must be minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship.
- Candidates have to be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship.
- Interested candidates must not be Australian citizens, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- Candidates applying for Australian Awards must not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500])
- Serving military personnel is not eligible to apply for the Australian Awards Scholarship 2022.
- Students applying for the scholarship must not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years);
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector);
- Must be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions);
- Students applying must be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements;
- Must Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (eg be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a Ph.D.); and
- Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas (including locally engaged staff at the post) or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
English language requirements:
To be eligible for an Australia Awards Scholarship, you must meet certain standards in English language proficiency, with the results valid as of 1 January 2021. At a minimum, you must have:
- an IELTS (Academic) overall score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6.0; or
- a TOEFL internet-based test (iBT) score of at least 84, with a minimum of 21 in all sub-tests; or
- a PTE Academic overall score of 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
Due to the impact on applicants undertaking approved English language tests in a number of countries due to COVID-19 restrictions, Until such time as deemed appropriate, the two-year English language test validity period will be relaxed.
Applications opening soon for South Korea Government Scholarships 2020 Fully Funded
Documents Required for OASIS 2021
Following are the documents required for Australia Awards Scholarship for OASIS 2021,
- A certified copy of original formal degree graduation certificate and, if not in English, a certified translation of the degree.
- A certified copy of original formal academic transcript/s and, if not in English, a certified translation copy of the transcripts.
- a certified copy of a citizenship document
- a certified copy of the original birth certificate and, if not in English, a certified translation
- a curriculum vitae (CV) briefly detailing work history and responsibilities
- referee reports: at least one academic referee report and at least one other referee report (e.g. a work supervisor). Master’s by Research or PhD applicants should provide two academic referee reports.
- a certified copy of original English language test.
- For PhD canidates evidence that the applicant has received in-principle support for their research topic from a potential supervisor.
Australia Awards Participating Universities
Following are participating host universities for Australia Awards Scholarship 2021-2022
- Australian Catholic University
- Aviation Australia
- Bond University
- Box Hill Institute TAFE
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Canberra Institute of Technology
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Chisholm Institute of TAFE
- Curtin University of Technology
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Federation University
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- Holmesglen Institute of TAFE
- James Cook University
- Kangan Institute
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Melbourne Polytechnic
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- RMIT University
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- TAFE NSW
- TAFE Queensland
- TAFE SA
- Tasmanian Polytechnic
- The Australian National University
- The Gordon Institute of TAFE
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of New England
- The University of New South Wales (including ADFA)
- The University of Newcastle
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
- University College London
- University of Canberra
- University of South Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Tasmania (including the Australian Maritime College)
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of The Sunshine Coast
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
- Western Sydney University
- William Angliss Institute of TAFE
Following are the countries eligible for scholarships by Australian Government,
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Bangladesh
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Bhutan
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Cambodia
- Australia Awards Scholarship for India
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Indonesia
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Laos
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Maldives
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Mongolia
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Myanmar
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Nepal
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Pakistan
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Philippines
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Sri Lanka
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Timor-Leste
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Vietnam
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Federated States of Micronesia
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Fiji
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Kiribati
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Marshall Islands
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Nauru
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Papua New Guinea
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Republic of Palau
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Samoa
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Solomon Islands
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Tonga
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Tuvalu
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Vanuatu
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Wallis and Futuna
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Botswana
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Ghana
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Kenya
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Madagascar
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Malawi
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Mauritius
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Mozambique
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Nigeria
- Australia Awards Scholarship for South Africa
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Tanzania
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Zambia
- Australia Awards Scholarship for Palestinian Territories.
How to Win Australia Awards Scholarship
Its not that easy to win Australia Awards Scholarship. Your application must stand out among other applicants. A fantastic academic record will be vital for the successful application for AAS. Then you need is good referee Report by your institution and your work supervisor. Applying for Master by Research an PhD requires a Research Proposal. The proposal should include a proposed methodology, timeline and a brief literature review.
CV Template for Australia awards Scholarship
For CV template sample to apply for Australian Awards Scholarship please visit Guidelines section.
The last date to apply for Australia Awards Scholarships for the year 2021 is 30 June 2021. So apply before the deadline or you will miss this great scholarship opportunity.
You May Also Apply for How to Secure a Funded PhD Scholarship
How to Apply For Australia Awards:
First you make sure you meet all the eligibility requirements
See country specific opening and closing dates and make sure to apply with in due date
Some countries encourage and allow you to apply online while others require hard-copy applications.
If you want to apply online then go to Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS).When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username and password.
Fill in all of your details in OASIS application and upload all the required documents
If you cannot apply online then you can apply by Mail.
Send hard copy of the to the mailing address of your country specific Australia Awards office generally its office is in the Australian Embassy in the country.