An amazing scholarship opportunity is available now as The Association of Commonwealth Universities is accepting applications for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for 2023. This is a unique opportunity for member universities from commonwealth countries. Right now there 500 members in The Association of Commonwealth Universities from 50 countries. Under Commonwealth scholarships program candidate can study two years masters from any commonwealth member universities.
This scholarship is for students who want to bring change in their communities for a better tomorrow. Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships is for students who belong from middle to low income categories and it helps to train them for global challenges and contribute towards United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This program bring collaboration among different member countries which creates new ideas, exchange of skills and knowledge. And applicants have to apply for this scholarship other than their home country/universities.
Through this scholarship program member universities are already contributing to a world that is happier, healthier, and more sustainable for everybody via essential research and inspired teaching. With international collaboration in higher education leads to intellectual breakthroughs, free flow of ideas, and long-lasting relationships between institutions and countries. But it all starts with human ties. And it also has an aim to address socioeconomic inequities and level the playing field, equal opportunity is required to study, lead, advance, and prosper. One of the aim os this program is to focus on university research which will improves people’s lives. It helps to inform and allow evidence-based policymaking, improves research and health, and solves global problems. Strong universities are a cornerstone of strong society, and they contribute significantly to each country’s social, economic, and cultural growth. Interested in studying in USA on full scholarship? if yes then apply for Fulbright Scholarship in USA
|Country||Universities in Member Countries|
|Organization||The Association of Commonwealth Universities|
|Financial Coverage||Fully Funded|
|Scholarships for||Students From 50 Members countries|
|Deadline||24th May 2023|
Join Our Community
For daily Updates of jobs join our community and be a part of Studyhunt.info.
Host Countries and Universities
Students can apply in any of the following countries but it has to be other than their home country. Countries and universities may change on each application cycle so visit the official link for details,
- University of Dhaka
- University of Eswatini
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
- The University of the West Indies
- The Technical University of Kenya
- University of Nairobi
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- University of Malaya
- University of Mauritius
- COMSATS University Islamabad
- University of Rwanda
- Stellenbosch University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria
- University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- The State University of Zanzibar
- Makerere University
Apply for fully funded University of Calabria Scholarships in Italy
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship(QECS) is Fully Funded Scholarships and it will cover all the expenses following are the details,
- Full Tuition Fees is Covered.
- Monthly Stipend to Cover Living expenses for the duration of the award.
- Accommodation Allowance Will be given
- Return air ticket
- Arrival Allowance.
- Research Support Grants
Eligibility and Requirements
- Citizens or those who hold refugee status, in a Commonwealth country can apply
- Can only apply in country other than their home country.
- Their is no upper age limit
- Candidate must be a Bachelor of at least upper second level, should not be an undergraduate.
- Universities may have their own specific eligibility requirements for each course, candidates have to meet that.
Students from following can apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship program,
- Gambia, The
- Kingdom of Eswatini
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- United Republic of Tanzania
- Brunei Darussalam
- Sri Lanka
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bahamas, The
- Saint Lucia
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
The last date to apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships is 24th May 2023.
Following documents are required for your application:
- High school certificate.
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate).
- Two references – preferably academic.
- Scan of passport or national ID card.
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language.
QECS Online Application Process
Online application consist of following stages or categories,
- Personal Details
- Academic & Employment Record
- Course at host university details
- Upload supporting documents
You have to submit three statements answer the given questions below,
Statement 1: Plan of study (200-400 words)
Write a statement which answers the following questions,
- Why have you chosen to study this course? What specific features of the course do you find interesting?
- Why do you want to undertake this course at this institution and in this country?
- What have you done to research your chosen university?
- How is this course relevant to your future career plans?
- Explain how your previous studies and experiences make you a suitable candidate for this course.
Statement 2: Development impact and post study outreach (300-500 words)
Answer the following questions regarding global challenges and the UN Sustainable Development Goals,
- Describe briefly one challenge or problem in your country that you would like to address.
- How will your proposed study help you contribute towards a solution to this challenge?
- What skills do you expect to gain from this scholarship?
- How will you use the knowledge and skills gained on award in your local community when you return home?
Sustainable development goals (150-200 words)
- Which of the UN Sustainable Development Goals does the subject you are studying most align to? (you can pick more than one).
- How will your proposed study contribute to this/these Sustainable Development Goal(s)?
Statement 3: Creating networks (200-400 words)
Answer the following questions,
- Explain how you have developed networks through academic studies, hobbies, work experience and/or volunteering experience.
- What connections and networks will help you to achieve impact from your scholarship?
- How might you start to develop these connections during your study?
How to Apply:
Following is the process to apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship,
- Only online application is accepted any other form of submission will be rejected.
- The candidate is thought to submit the QECS application form along with the submission of an application directly to the chosen University. Complete information on how to apply directly yo the University is available on the QECS website.
- For more information, the candidate has to visit the website of the chosen University regarding when applications will be opened and admission procedures.
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship does not need an offer letter from the University while applying. As university application dates vary throughout the year and sometimes QECS applications get closed when Universities open applications. Kindly note that QECS at the websites of eligible universities will indicate whether candidates have to apply after the application’s deadline or at the same time to the University.
- Once you get selected from QECS, you should discuss this with your chosen University and apply for the course you are interested in.