Are you looking for scholarship to study in UK for free? Then this is perfect opportunity for you as applications are open to apply for one of the most prestigious and oldest, Rhodes Scholarship Program for the 2023-2024 at Oxford University. First awarded in 1902, Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship by Rhodes Trust in Oxford. It is a great opportunity for outstanding students from all over the world to study at the University of Oxford.
Each year 100 scholarships are offered each year by Rhodes Trust Fund. These scholarships are offered to students around the globe(specific countries) with each country has its quota. All expenses are covered for the selected scholars. Rhodes Scholarship is offered for Masters and PhD degrees programs. You can select any field of study offered by University of Oxford and you met the criteria you can get scholarship.
The basic tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. In certain cases, at the discretion of the Academic Committee of the Rhodes Trust and the Rhodes Trustees, Scholars may apply for a third year of Scholarship to complete the DPhil.
Rhodes Scholar acceptance rate
According to the Rhodes Trust, the overall global acceptance rate stands at 0.7%, making it one of the most competitive scholarships in the world.
Also Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
|Organization||Rhodes trust in University of Oxford|
|Degrees||Masters & Doctoral (Ph.D.)|
|No of Scholarships||100+|
|Coverage Type||All Expense Covered (Fully Funded)|
|Eligible Region||Open for Selected Countries|
|University||University of Oxford|
|Deadline||Varies from Country to Country|
Oxford University offers many scholarship program one of which is Clarendon Scholarship for International Students but its timeline may differ
Rhodes Scholarships Courses
Following are the degree/ combination of degrees eligible for Rhodes Scholarship,
• A BA with Senior Status (ie done over two years, rather than the normal three) : Scholars who read for a 2nd
BA may not apply for a third year of Scholarship
• A one-year taught Master’s course (MSc, MSt, BCL), followed in the second year by another one-year taught
Master’s course (subject to successful completion of the first course) : Scholars who read two consecutive
one-year Master’s courses may not apply for a third year of Scholarship
• A one-year taught Master’s course (MSc, MSt, BCL) : Scholars who read for a one-year taught Master’s
course may progress to DPhil, and subsequently apply for a third year of Scholarship, subject to the Notes
below. This progression is not open to Scholars in the Maths, Physical & Life SciencesDivision (see below)
• A two-year MPhil or BPhil (or BCL/MPhil) : Scholars taking the MPhil/BPhil (or the two-year BCL/MPhil route)may apply for the third year of Scholarship to read for DPhil, subject to the Notes below.
• A two-year MSc by research (or MLitt) : Scholars who read a two-year MSc by research may not apply for a third year of Scholarship
• A three-year DPhil : Scholars entering Oxford direct to DPhil follow the same application process for a third year, as described in the Notes below. Please note candidates for a DPhil within the Maths, Physical & Life Sciences Divsion may not take the Master’s route to DPhil, and must apply to start the DPhil in their first year in Oxford.
Dont miss this opportunity Great Scholarships in UK
Join Our Community
Follow us on our social accounts. Those who already joined our WhatsApp group from below before please don’t join second.
Requirements & Eligibility Criteria
Following are the requirements to apply for Rhodes Scholarship for international students,
- Applicants must be 18 to 24 years old by 1st October in calendar year.
- Must be from Rhodes Constituency.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree with GPA 3.7 or Higher.
- Applicants must provide Official Transcripts.
- A full CV.
- Interested applicants must be proficient in the English Language and English Language requirements are IELTS (7.5) minimum or TOEFL iBT (110)
- Interested Applicants must provide 5 to 8 Letters of References.
- A Personel Statement no more than 1000 words.
List of Countries Eligible (Rhodes Constituencies)
Following are the Rhodes Constituencies along with number of scholarships for awarded for each constituency,
|Constituencies||No. of Scholarships|
|Peoples Republic of CHINA||4|
|Covers Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, and Burundi|
|THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN: |
Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts-Nevis, Montserrat, Anguilla, the Turks and Caicos Islands, Cayman Islands, and the British Virgin Islands
|SAUDI ARABIA:||Up to 2|
|Covering South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and eSwatini|
|SYRIA, JORDAN, LEBANON, AND PALESTINE||2|
|UNITED ARAB EMIRATES||2|
|WEST AFRICA |
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe, and Togo.
Can I apply for Rhodes Scholarship if I am not from Rhodes Constituency?
If you are not from Rhodes Constituency dnt worry each Rhodes Trust offers 2 scholarships called Rhodes Global Scholarship for students who are from countries other than Rhodes constituencies.
Also apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Scholarship Coverage and Benefits
Following are the benefits offered by Rhodes Trust Fund for the selected Rhodes scholar,
- Full Application Fee of the University of Oxford.
- Oxford University and Colleges Tuition Fee.
- Selected Rhodes Scholars are offered stipend amounting £18,180 per annum (£1,515 per month).
- On arrival in Oxford, Scholars receive a settling-in allowance.
- Rhodes Trust will cover Study Visa Fee.
- Selected Rhodes scholars will get health insurance, International Health Surcharge (IHS).
- Two Economy Class Flights.
- Research Grants for Rhodes Scholars.
Also check this great opportunity Fulbright Scholarship in USA
Rhodes Scholarship open 1st July of each year and application closes August/September.
Deadline is different for each constituencies, visit your country page to see the deadline . Generally Application periods starts from 1st June 2023 and deadline ranges from August to September.
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship?
Application process for Rhodes Scholarships varies from country to country. You have to apply online by visiting the official link (link given below) and select your country from the official website to start your application process.
There are multiple stages applicants have to go through for Rhodes scholarship. Below is seven step to get you familiar with the process,
First Step is to check if you are Eligible for Rhodes Scholarship.
2. Choose Your Oxford Course
Second step is to choose course of your choice at Oxford University.
3. Personal Statement
third step is to provide your Personal statement.
4. Reference Letters
Next step is to provide reference letters.
Now you should gather all the documents required.
6. Social Engagement
Get ready for social engagement event and get the most out of it.
7. Final interview
Final step is to prepare yourself for the final interview.
Rhodes Global Scholarship
Rhodes Scholarships are fully global with two new Global Scholarships allow eligible candidates from the rest of the world to apply (subject to nomination). Deadline for Rhodes Global Scholarship is 1 August 2023.