An exciting exchange program opportunity for the secondary school students is YES Program 2024-25. This exchange study program is funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. YES Program offers opportunity for secondary school students from Muslims majority countries to study in American high Schools and live with American host Families. The duration of YES Program is One Year and all the expenses will be covered.
The YES program is administered in partnership with the U.S. Department of State by a consortium of non-profit organizations. Purpose of this exchange program is to give opportunities for secondary school students to engage in study and extracurricular activities with their American classmates. Since the programs inception in 2003 more than 14,500 students participated in this program.
The participating students act as cultural ambassadors to their American host communities, interacting with YES students provides them with an opportunity to learn about the rich and vibrant culture of students’ home countries.
YES Program Details
- Host Organization: U.S. Department of State by a consortium of non-profit organizations.
- Course Level: Secondary School Education
- Eligible Region: Open for Selected Countries
- Category: Exchange Program
- Country: United States
- Fields of Study: All Subjects
- Deadline: Varies by Country
Countries Eligible for YES Program
Following are the list of countries eligible for YES Program for Session of 2023-24,
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Link|
|Israel (Arab Communities)||Link|
Deadline is different for each country go to the official link of any country above, to check the application deadline.
What is the duration of YES Program?
The duration of this exchange program is One Year.
Age Limit of YES Program
Age limit is minimum 15 years to maximum 17 years on August 1st, 2023.
Benefits of YES Program
- Free Air Travel
- USA Visa Fee
- Boarding and lodging in the U.S.A
- Tuition Fee waiver
- Monthly Stipend of 125$ will be given
Eligibility Criteria for YES Program
- Must be resident of eligible countries for YES Program
- Secondary school students in their home country who are currently (Academic year 2024-25) enrolled in 9th or 10th grade or ‘O’ Levels students. (Note for O’ Level Students: Only O’ Level 9th grade or O’ Level 10th grade students are eligible to apply. O’ Level 11th graders are not eligible.)
- Minimum 15 years of age and not older than 17 years on August 15, 2024.
- Minimum 60% marks in all major/core subjects (English, Mathematics, Sciences) in the last three years; overall minimum average 60% marks for the past three years. (Students with a gap year or a repeated year are not eligible.)
- Can communicate in English. Minimum 60% marks in English exam during the past three years (2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21).
- Have not traveled to the United States.
Students who meet the following in addition to the above criteria are likely to be short listed for the final round of selection.
- Pass online interview.
- Know and practice Pakistani culture and values, and able to represent the same in the U.S. schools and communities.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, adaptability, good character, and scholastic aptitude.
- Willingness to participate in the host family’s daily life.
- Record of all necessary immunizations, as outlined in the Final Student Application, before arriving in the U.S.A
- Should demonstrate flexibility and a commitment to promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- Agreement to attend classes as a full-time student and maintain at least a ‘B’ Grade average in American high school.
- Willingness and agreement to abide by the ‘YES Student Rules’ as outlined in the YES Final Application and all other rules and policies during the program.
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements.
What are the Documents Required
- Birth certificate
- Smart Card or Certificate (FRC)
- Academic transcripts of the last three years
- a preliminary application must have signatures from parents, students and principal
- incomplete application will be rejected
Application and Selection Process
STEP-1 Online Preliminary Application
STEP-2 Online Interview
STEP-3 In-person Interview, Group Activity and English language test
STEP-4 Final Evaluation
How to Apply for YES Scholarship Program
You have to apply for YES Program country specific website. For Pakistanis visit the link below to start you online application